Job Title: Wave Planner
Job location: Bowling Green, OH
Reports to the Supervisor, Planning and is responsible for all aspects of shipping and loading Calphalon purchase orders in a timely fashion.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work with Load Planners to set pick up appointments.
• Plan orders in PkMS with intend on maximizing full pallet pulls.
• Coordinate day-to-day operations while accounting for available labor.
• Work with Supervisor to execute to meet all deadlines weekly, monthly, quarterly.
• Highlight process flow issues and create solutions to the issues.
• Maintain a safety culture in a new and evolving environment.
• Strategize the optimal use of carrier equipment to minimize logistics risk.
• Work with supervision to adjust wave plan for unforeseen reasons.
Skills and Requirements:
• High school diploma required.
• Forklift certification preferred.
• Knowledge of warehouse layout and its locations.
• Strong math skills.
• Very strong organizational skills
• Work with little or no supervision.
• Support, lead and work as a team.
• Proficient use of systems - SAP and PKMS.
• Understand and follow instructions.
• Understand Microsoft excel and spreadsheets.
• Continuous lifting, bending, twisting, push/pull, and reaching required; must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
• Climbing stairs rarely.
• Ability to use step stool and reach above head occasionally.
• Working extended shifts (10 or 12 hour) 2 weeks per month.
• Night work occasionally, depends on shift.
• Must be able to follow protocols and process established for emergency situations, including evacuations.
Newell Brands (NASDAQ: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Marmot, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal OpportunityEmployers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
Posting ID: 552621670Posted: 2020-05-27