Customer Service RepresentativeLOCATION:
Rohnert Park, CAREPORTS TO:
Customer Services Supervisor POSITION OVERVIEW:
The Customer Service Representative is responsible for effectively administering and processing transactional and/or informative conversations with customers via the telephone and email; order processing, placing and tracking; managing the consumer profiles, assuring accuracy and up-to-date information, and directing communication to/from customers using the telephone and email (MS Outlook). ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages and edits orders received for price and availability, style/color accuracy, and shipping within specific timelines. Accurate order entry and management of existing orders is essential.
- Answers direct customer calls and retrieves messages from e-mail for product orders. Answers questions about product technical features, availability and other information. Informs customer of unit prices, shipping date, anticipated delays, and any additional information needed by customer. Recommends purchase of additional merchandise based on knowledge of complete product lines, features, functionality and intended style combinations.
- Follows up on orders to ensure delivery by specified dates. Communicates with production, sales, shipping, warehouse, or common carrier personnel to expedite or trace missing or delayed shipments.
- Resolves customer order problems such as style or color exchange, refused orders and status of customer issues following current policies and procedures. Forwards non-routine complaints to supervisor.
- A Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing or related field.
- A minimum of 1 year of customer service experience.
- Proficient in MS Office products especially Excel spreadsheets and Outlook.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to work extended hours and/or weekends during the busy/peak/holiday season.
- A sense of humor and a passion for what you do.
- Experience in customer service in the Outdoor industry with responsibility for order tracking, problem resolution and customer interface.
- Knowledge of the Outdoor retail industry and/or retail processes.
About Newell Brands Technical Apparel - a Newell Brands Subsidiary:
Newell Brands Technical Apparel is a globally-recognized designer, developer, marketer and retailer of high-performance technical apparel and equipment with a portfolio of brands that includes Marmot and ExOfficio.
Newell Brands (NASDAQ: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Marmot, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play. Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal OpportunityEmployers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.