Mondelez International, Inc.
empowers people to snack right in over 150 countries around the world. We're leading the future of snacking with iconic brands such as Oreo, belVita and LU biscuits; Cadbury Dairy Milk, Milka and Toblerone chocolate; Sour Patch Kids candy and Trident gum. Our 80,000+ colleagues around the world are key to the success of our business. Great people
and great brands
. That's who we are.
Join us on our mission to continue leading the future of snacking around the world by offering the right snack
, for the right moment
, made the right way
. It's time for you to Make It with Mondelēz International. Manufacturing
As part of Manufacturing, you'll use your skills, our systems and a wide array of raw materials to help create the delicious finished products our consumers love. While taking ownership in your area of work, you'll also ensure the safety of yourself and your colleagues while producing our top-quality products reliably and efficiently within our integrated supply chain.Job Scope
Perform preventive maintenance on plant equipment to keep in good running order. Troubleshoot problems, recommend and perform mechanical repairs to minimize downtime.
Work collaboratively with Operations Team to share knowledge and contribute to a Continuous Improvement environment. Responsibilities
- Utilize mechanical ability and knowledge to repair, replace defective parts and equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings, blueprints or sketches.
- Working knowledge to include (but not restricted to) pumps, hydraulics, pneumatics, drives, machining of parts, some electrical knowledge, hand tool usage, and welding.
- Must be qualified to operate forklifts, manlifts, ladders and scaffolds.
- Work effectively with electrical, boiler room, and/ or operations personnel when needed.
- Participate in groups or teams to enhance the reliability and productivity of equipment and processes.
- Report all work through a computerized maintenance system (SAP).
- Assist enhancements to computerized maintenance system.
- Work efficiently and effectively with minimal supervision in a team environment.
- Knowledge and complete usage of LOTO, hot work permits, confined space permits.
- Protect the company's investment in machinery and equipment by exercising proper care, skill and knowledge in the use of Company investments.
- Support and participate in business initiatives ie. HACCP, QCMS, etc.
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Served and satisfactorily completed an approved Apprenticeship or Training
- At least 2 years manufacturing experience
- Ability to work any shift, weekends, and holidays as required
- Ability to work well in a team-based environment with limited supervision
- Able to learn and apply Continuous Improvement tools (IL6S)
- Capable of working effectively as part of a High Performance Team
- Ability to problem solve and help with practical solutions
The following physical demands are examples of duties that may be performed:
- Climb steps
- Lift 50 pounds and maintain balance
- Ability to perform duties in extreme varying temperatures
- Crawl over, under and into equipment as necessary to perform job duties
- Work from ladders and lifts
Mondelēz Global LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
Applicants must complete all required steps in the application process, including providing education and work history, in order to be considered for this position. All applicants will receive an email after submitting the first stage of the application. This email will include a link to return to the second stage of the application process. If you had previously submitted a resume, you will need to confirm/verify education and work history. For those that did not submit a resume, you will need to manually enter education and work history.