The Hoffman Lab is a neuroimaging lab specializing in MRI and PET technology to study brain function in substance-use disorders. Dr. Hoffman's research group studies recovery from the effects of methamphetamine and alcohol on decision-making and neural connectivity using functional MRI. Better understanding of the time-course of changes in brain function during early abstinence from methamphetamine will help clinicians individualize treatment and improve chances for success.
Function/Duties of Position
The Research Assistant 2 will be responsible for recruiting research subjects, running study visits and other study coordination duties including IRB submissions and data collection. They will also be assisting in administration of research MRIs and PET scans.
- Bachelor's Degree with major courses in field of research / No Experience OR Associate's Degree and 3 years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic computer software
- Innovation and problem solving skills
- Degree in a behavioral science field
- One or more years of research experience with human subjects
- Experience with subject recruitment and retention
- Experience with software including SPSS, Presentation, RedCap, FSL, and/or AFNI
Apply here online. Please be sure to upload a cover letter and Resume or CV.
All are welcome
Oregon Health & Science University values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. We are proud of our commitment to being an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status, including disability status and protected veteran status. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. To request reasonable accommodation contact the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Department at 503-494-5148 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posting ID: 552622200Posted: 2020-03-11