How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Genetic Counselor functions in clinical, research, and educational capacities for medical genetics services at Hackensack University Medical Center.
We currently have 2 Genetics Counselor positions open: one position is for oncology services and one position is for clinical genetics. Full time and part time schedules are currently available. If you are interested in either position, please apply!
1. Provides medical genetics consultation with diagnosis, counseling, and management to a variety of ambulatory patients referred from, but not limited to, community pediatricians, pediatric sub-specialists, developmental pediatrics, obstetricians, reproductive endocrinologists, and internists.
2. Provides inpatient consultation along with the medical geneticist to the neonatal intensive care unit, women's and children's pediatric floors, and adult medicine.
3. Coordinates genetic testing and specimen transport.
4. Maintains communication with patients regarding test results and other case management concerns.
5. Provides educational resources for genetic information to the medical community at HMH and participates in grand rounds in pediatrics, obstetrics and gynecology, oncology, and internal medicine as needed.
6. Provides genetic lectures and education to the community and lectures to medical students/residents as needed.
7. Participates in case conferences, special committees related to clinical care, and interdepartmental rounds.
8. Develops programs with various departments as they may relate to genetics.
9. Provides continued clinical research in regards to genetic syndromes, management and genetic testing and identifies new areas of research endeavors.
10. Oversees graduate level genetic counseling students.
11. Develops and leads patient support programming.
12. Identifies the needs of the patient population served and modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e., age, culture, language, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.). This process includes communicating with the patient, parent, and/or primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age, educational, literacy, etc.).
13. Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. Master's degree from an American Board of Genetic counseling (ABGC) accredited genetic counseling program.
2. Computer literacy in Microsoft Word and Excel.
3. Maintains board eligibility and, once board certified, fulfills CEU requirements.
4. Maintains licensure in the State of New Jersey.
5. Eligible for Certification by American Board of Genetic Counseling. Must pass boards within 2 years of hire.
6. New Jersey Genetic Counselor License must renewed every two years.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
1. Knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint.
2. Bilingual in Spanish.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
1. NJ State Genetic Counselor License.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.
Posting ID: 552622201Posted: 2020-05-27