Function/Duties of Position
The Data Engineer (Research Associate) provides high-level professional analytic support in research activities at the Center for Health Systems Effectiveness (CHSE). The Center is devoted to transforming health systems through actionable cross-disciplinary and collaborative research. This position will lead the ongoing development and maintenance of CHSE's analytic and data management systems.
Major components of the work include:
- Management of large databases of health insurance claims from Medicare, Medicaid, and commercial carriers from multiple states, as well as other state administrative datasets, and development of validation processes to ensure data quality
- Building out and automating various Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) processes across the center
- Coordination and problem-solving with Center staff in order to understand needed support and use cases
- Development of innovative solutions to fill gaps in analytics
- Active contribution to the review of working practices and the development of data analysis and management standard operating procedures
- Performance of other research related duties as assigned
- Master's Degree and 3 years of relevant experience; OR Bachelor's Degree with major courses in a technical field and five years of relevant experience
- Experience with large relational database administration
- Proficiency in R/Python or other scripting language
- Experience working with ETL processes
- Interest in public health or issues relevant to health services research and health program/policy evaluation
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in making decisions and maintain thorough documentation of the decision-making process
- Exemplary communication skills and ability to effectively communicate complicated processes to diverse audiences within and outside OHSU
- Strong commitment to rigorous research methods, objectivity and accuracy of findings, and reproducibility of results
- Demonstrated experience in claims data management and analysis, such as Medicare, Medicaid, and private insurance data
- Strong knowledge of SQL
- Experience working in Linux/Unix environment
Apply here online. Please be sure to upload a cover letter and Resume or CV.
All are welcome
Oregon Health & Science University values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. We are proud of our commitment to being an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status, including disability status and protected veteran status. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. To request reasonable accommodation contact the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Department at 503-494-5148 or email@example.com.
Posting ID: 552622337Posted: 2020-05-27