How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Pediatric Psychiatry Collaborative program is an innovative state-funded grant program designed to ensure screening, assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of children presenting in pediatric primary care settings with behavioral health disorders. This is a key position in a state-wide initiative to expand mental health and case coordination in support of pediatricians. This program is composed of pediatrician screening and assessment, education, including guidance on behavioral health issues for parents and education for clinicians/staff at the practice sites and integrated care management between pediatricians, child and adolescent psychiatrists, and community mental health agencies.
This grant program provides a very unique opportunity. Behavioral professionals working in this program have the ability to help pediatric healthcare providers to combine both medical and psychiatric support. They have the ability to use clinical skills to help intervene and help pediatric patients to receive the support and care they need soon after symptoms appear rather than a reactive approach during a crisis.
Our behavioral professionals demonstrate our culture in the following ways:
- Collaborative is in the name of the grant. Everything is collaborative; working with peers, pediatricians, families to give the best care for the children.
- Creative - clinicians can conduct clinical intakes with their own style/level of comfort, of course within regulations. It's a flagship program so creativity is a must in a lot of the work that they do.
- Courageous - any ideas that any of the staff have can be suggested. Sometimes they are implemented. Opinions are always welcome for doing something better or more efficiently. Presenting at conferences helps people moving outside of their comfort zone.
- Compassion is part of every interaction.
A day in the life of a Social Worker at Hackenack Meridian includes:
- Phone assessment of youth who screen positively for behavioral health concerns in pediatrician's offices
- Care coordination with pediatrician and families
- Case consultation with Child Psychiatrist
- Promotion of services in coordination with the Clinical Program Manager
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
- LSW or LAC in the State of New Jersey is required
- MSW is required
- Clinical experience working with pediatric/adolescent behavioral health patients as a licensed clinician is required
- Strong phone communication skills are required
- Ability and willingness to travel locally is required
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office is required
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary team setting is required
- Strong organizational and time management skills are required
- Flexibility and ability to work in an innovative program from the ground up
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.
Posting ID: 552622384Posted: 2020-05-27