How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
All Security Officer Drivers will assume responsibility for the safety and well-being of safely transporting employees, physicians and visitors to and from assigned parking areas and Medical Center property. These responsibilities include continuous surveillance, reporting and documenting all incidents and remaining sensitive to the need for delivery of quality guest services and assistance to all persons visiting the Medical Center. Responsibilities
A day in the life of a Security Officer Driver at Hackensack Meridian Health
- Conducts continuous rotation to assigned parking locations and drop off /pick up areas on campus. Observes and takes corrective action regarding violations and detrimental conditions related to security and safety of patients, visitors, employees and property.
- Responds to calls for security assistance by any person within the Medical Center and takes proper action including response to a Code 76, Code Red and Code Yellow.
- Handles all employees, guests and visitors in a professional, courteous manner. Offering assistance when necessary.
- When needed or assigned to and internal post, controls visitor access to patient units, check visitors passes and patrols nursing units during visiting hours to enforce visiting and no smoking regulations. Controls all vendor access and enforces the pass policy.
- Reports compromising conditions of the buses including tires, oil changes, brakes, and anything not functioning accordingly to Security Supervisor Level I. Reports all lost and found items to dispatch and completes incident report accordingly.
- Maintains and monitors access to all facilities and grounds owned or operated by Hackensack University Medical Center.
- Expedites and ensures safe flow of traffic through the Medical Center parking lots.
- Provides escorts to employee and visitor vehicles as requested within jurisdiction.
- Reports for duty in clean and complete Medical Center issued uniform, including photo identification badge and security officer breast badge.
- Provides information and assistance in a courteous manner to those requesting same.
- Makes continuous inspections of outer buildings, grounds, and parking lots.
- Prepares and submits computerized security incident reports before end of shift. Including but not limited to damage, lost & found and vehicle conditions.
- Completes and submits a daily activity log at completion of tour of duty.
- Maintains all departmental security equipment in good operating condition and reports all damage immediately to supervisor.
- Always keeps Security Supervisor, Senior Officer informed of all matters pertinent to safety and security conditions.
- Abides by all Medical Center Code of Conduct regulations and departmental procedures and policies including parking regulations.
- Will complete all in-service training, lectures and programs as assigned.
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Attends all mandatory meetings (departmental or special).
- Will be required to perform duties as assigned by Management and required to carry out emergency duties when necessary.
- Must be able to read and write English.
- Must be High School Graduate.
- Previous experience as Security Officer, Law Enforcement experience or driver desired.
- At least two years of College credits preferred.
- Valid Driver's License from a USA state.
- CDL class C .
- NJ Commercial Drivers License.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.
Posting ID: 552622402Posted: 2020-05-27