The Oregon National Primate Research Center (ONPRC) is located 12 miles west of the OHSU main campus, and sits on 162 acres of land featuring forested areas, research and administration buildings, indoor and outdoor animal housing, a pond, and 2-mile perimeter walking path. Our mission is to improve human health and the quality of life through the support of nonhuman primate research programs that advance our knowledge of the causes, preventions, treatments, and cures of debilitating diseases.
Function/Duties of Position
This position will support the ongoing and newly funded research projects in the Infectious Disease laboratory in the Division of Pathobiology at the Oregon National Primate Research Center of OHSU. The incumbent will perform a variety of laboratory procedures and will assist and perform procedures with non-human primates.
- Laboratory/Technical Research: perform basic laboratory procedures as directed and assist in experiment preparation. Collection and preparation of blood samples and or animal tissues to support various laboratories. Assist with surgical procedures of non-human primates.
- Data Collection and Data Analysis: assists in the collection of various forms of data pertaining to the research project or projects. Input or upload data into databases as instructed. Conduct analysis of data as shown. Discuss findings with supervisor and principal investigator.
- Report Preparation: assists in verifying analytical and evaluative content for contribution to publications, or for contribution to grant application(s), progress reports, etc.
- Laboratory Management: Inventory reagents and supplies; assist with routine equipment maintenance.
- As needed, perform various duties to successfully fulfill the function of the position.
- Bachelor's Degree (4 yr) /No Experience, OR AA (2 yr) and 2 years of relevant experience OR No degree and 4 years of relevant experience
- Ability to communicate effectively, including use and meaning of basic scientific terminology, in both written and oral formats
- Ability to work both under close supervision and in a small group setting
- Ability to interact in a positive and productive manner, and to work efficiently and skillfully with a variety of diverse staff
- Ability to coordinate research protocols with other staff
- Organizational skills and careful attention to details to satisfactorily perform job duties
- Ability to lift/move equipment weighing up to 30 lbs
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the position with or without accommodation
- Biology Degree
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and graphics software
- Demonstrated independence and competence to perform data management and analysis of research finding, including use of spreadsheets, graphics and statistical programs
Apply here online. Please be sure to upload a cover letter, resume and references.
All are welcome
Oregon Health & Science University values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. We are proud of our commitment to being an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status, including disability status and protected veteran status. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. To request reasonable accommodation contact the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Department at 503-494-5148 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posting ID: 552622470Posted: 2020-06-03