The Oregon National Primate Research Center (ONPRC) is located 12 miles west of the OHSU main campus, and sits on 162 acres of land featuring forested areas, research and administration buildings, indoor and outdoor animal housing, a pond, and 2-mile perimeter walking path. Our mission is to improve human health and the quality of life through the support of nonhuman primate research programs that advance our knowledge of the causes, preventions, treatments, and cures of debilitating diseases.
Function/Duties of Position
Towards the goal of helping the blind and low vision subjects, the Roe lab at the Oregon National Primate Research Center is developing new brain-machine interface technology. We need a person with a strong background in computer programming (in particular, Python), image statistics, network modelling (such as Deep Learning), and image data processing. Candidate is expected to work in a team with other researchers to help interface hardware and software and to communicate well.
Masters or higher, at least 3 years of work experience. Familiarity with academic environment a plus.
- Master's degree with major courses in relevant field
- 3 years of relevant experience
- Experience with Python & matlab programming
- Image processing
- Ability to communicate effectively, in both written and oral formats
- Ability to work both independently and in a small group setting, and one-on-one in a positive and productive manner, and to work efficiently and skillfully with a variety of diverse staff and collaborators
- Organizational and time management skills sufficient to prioritize work demands, and to coordinate and document research and work protocols with other staff
- Able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without accommodation
Apply here online. Please be sure to upload a cover letter, resume and references.
All are welcome
Oregon Health & Science University values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. We are proud of our commitment to being an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status, including disability status and protected veteran status. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply. To request reasonable accommodation contact the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Department at 503-494-5148 or email@example.com.
Posting ID: 552622476Posted: 2020-05-27