How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health
our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system. Responsibilities
A day in the life of a Activities Assistant
at Hackensack Meridian Health
- Prepare and create a "Monthly Activities Calendar" of activities to facilitate in the 2nd and 5th floor playrooms.
- Facilitate playroom activities mentioned in the monthly calendar.
- Provide and Facilitate bedside activities when needs arise for children and families.
- Maintain supplies for playrooms, child life department and additional supply closets. (i.e. discard any broken or old toys, restock any items or materials that are low and/or oversee cleaning of playrooms according to departmental and institutional policies.)
- Supervise and assign volunteers to playrooms and/or patient rooms.
- Supervise and/or orient volunteers.
- Associate's Degree in child development or related field preferred
- High School Diploma or Equivalent is required
- Previous experience working with children
- CPR Certification (or within 90 days of hire)
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today! Our Network
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.
Posting ID: 552622493Posted: 2020-05-27