How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system. The Middlesex County College Associate in Science Nursing Program in association with Raritan Bay Medical Center, a member of the Hackensack Meridian Health family, has full time and adjunct faculty positions available.
We are looking for a full-time instructor with a background in mat/child nursing and either medical/surgical or behavioral health experience. Responsibilities
- Maintains accountability for teaching, directing and evaluating the behavior of nursing students in theory and clinical practice by planning and developing course content and related experiences in a specific department of nursing education.
- Uses variety of creative teaching strategies and delivery methods. Formats selected are based upon size of group and setting appropriate for learning activity; are current, innovative and effective.
- Implements activities that involve learners, promote critical thinking and technical skills competencies.
- Uses problem-solving skills when dealing with student and client issues; incorporates psychosocial, cultural, communication, spiritual, safety and evidence-based nursing aspects into educational activities.
- Documents student progress in a timely manner. Keeps students informed of progress and returns graded material in a timely manner. Develops a plan of action when necessary.
- Schedules mid-term, end of course and interim meetings with students to evaluate progress; develops action plans to assist individual students who are having difficulty in meeting clinical objectives.
- Keeps Course Coordinator informed regarding student progress. Maintains open lines of communication, communicates student educational activities to Course Coordinator, managers and nursing staff.
- Acts as role model for students and nursing staff.
- Provides clinical support to students and nursing staff.
- Demonstrates ability to work with diverse groups of learners. Generational, cultural and age-specific considerations are included in educational approaches.
- Master's degree in Nursing required with academic and clinical preparation and proficiency in the area of specialty.
- At least three (3) years of clinical nursing in the specialty of medical/surgical with additional experience in either pediatrics, obstetrics or behavioral health
- A minimum of one (1) additional year of teaching experience preferred
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.
Posting ID: 552622529Posted: 2020-05-27