How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack MeridianHealthour teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Ambulatory Registrar is responsible for the Patient Access functions for outpatient services identified in the ambulatory setting, including, but not limited to, facility based scheduling, pre-registration, registration, insurance verification, pre-certification, and financial clearance under the direction of the Supervisor and Director of Ambulatory Registration for these designated departments
A day in the life of an Ambulatory Registrar at Hackensack Meridian can be described as follows:
1. Implements the Medical Center's scheduling, pre-registration, pre-certification, referral procurement and insurance verification policies and procedures for the assigned ambulatory point of service.
2. Captures and enters appropriate documentation of patient registration and demographic information in the patient hospital billing system (EPIC) to maximize billing accuracy.
3. Complies with HUMC's patient financial responsibility and collection policies.
4. Provides patients with appropriate administrative information, as directed.
5. Participates in audits of registrar accuracy and efficiency as it relates to accurate collection of insurance information and reimbursement.
6. Participates in coding, scheduling, or related activities as required.
7. Attempts to mediate daily scheduling, pre-registration, pre-certification or registration issues and elevates any issues that cannot be resolved independently.
8. Complies with all procedural workflows and departmental policies and procedures as identified.
9. Assumes other responsibilities as directed by either the Manager or Director of Ambulatory Registration
10. Identifies the needs of the patient population served and modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e., age, culture, language, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.). This process includes communicating with the patient, parent, and/or primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age, educational, literacy, etc.).
11. Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. EPIC Cadence and Prelude training, must pass exam upon completion of training.
3. Proficient PC skills.
4. Demonstrate Customer service proficiency.
5. Proficient written and oral communication skills.
6. Familiar with Medical terminology.
7. Patient Financial services experience in professional or hospital setting.
8. To work every other weekend.
9. To work three (3) out of six (6) holidays.
10. To work rotating schedule/shifts based on needs.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
1. College BA/BS or Associates Degree.
2. 1-3 years prior experience in hospital operations management/finance.
3. Bi-lingual in Spanish or Korean.
4. Analytical skills relevant to registration /business or finance/medical terminology.
5. Experience with EPIC HB, Cadence or Prelude.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.
Posting ID: 552622580Posted: 2020-03-11