How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Central Processing Coordinator oversees day-to-day operation of the instrument processing and case cart assembly areas.
1. Oversees the case cart assembly area by communicating with O.R. Booking, Distribution, and Instrument Processing to complete case carts.
2. Completes all Emergency Case Cart checklists daily and coordinates the delivery of instruments and supplies to the operating rooms.
3. Maintains adequate supply of instruments, manual count sheet logs, and implants and re-orders as needed.
4. Assures all instruments are available for both elective and emergency cases and tracks instrument sets between multiple locations.
5. Ensures proper processing and cleaning of all instruments and equipment including: decontamination, processing and sterilization.
6. Provides for Infection Control and oversees sterilizer cleaning, testing, and records to ensure continuous improvement in the sterile processing functions and maintain statistics.
7. Coordinates continuing education and inservices for department personnel with CPD Nurse Coordinator.
8. Involved in hiring, training and evaluation of staff.
9. Adheres to standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. 4 years of experience in instrument processing.
3. Specialty Team Leader.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
1. Certified Registered Central Service Technician or Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.
Posting ID: 552622582Posted: 2020-05-27