How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system. Responsibilities
- Transcribes and interprets dictations specific to surgical specimens received from the O.R. and outreach physician offices/surgery centers to include gross descriptions and final pathologic diagnoses, including the ability to interpret, translate and edit medical transcription for content and clarity.
- Flexibility to cover any/all pathology dictations across HMH pathology departments for transcription across any/all pathology offices due to staffing shortages.
- Effectively navigates department specific software applications to assist in the administration of additional test orders, scanning and attaching patient testing results.
- Reviews requests for Autopsy, ensure documentation is in order and accession autopsy into pathology system; Documents Quality Improvements and Outcomes for bi-annual CAP inspections; departmental reporting as well as maintenance of custody of pathology materials to ensure location and availability of materials when necessary.
- Facilitates retrieval of pathology material at the request of pathologist, physicians, patient's and outside institutions to assist the physician and/or patient in ordering/obtaining additional testing/results, second opinion consultations and/or continued care and treatment both within HMH or to other healthcare systems while maintaining HIPAA compliance in all aspects of incoming requests/inquiries.
- Processes billing and obtain accurate demographic and insurance information for third party accounts receivable/payable.
- Field all incoming telephone calls and customer service related duties with respect to pathology/laboratory inquiries; maintenance all office files/records and system documentation according to department policy.
- Triage all above duties by priority, complete all required duties with efficiency and accuracy and perform any/all other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Medical Terminology preferred
- Medical Transcription Experience is preferred
- Working Knowledge/experience in Microsoft office Suite including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required
- Medical office/environment experience a plus
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.
Posting ID: 552622607Posted: 2020-05-27