How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health
our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Advanced Heart Failure Center at Jersey Shore provides patients with comprehensive care and the latest treatments options to keep them living fuller, more active lifestyles. Using a multi-disciplinary team approach, our cardiovascular care team evaluates patients who may be candidates for advanced therapies such as IV medications (chronic inotropes), left ventricular assist devices (LVADs), or even heart transplant. They also provide management of complicated heart failure patients who may not be treatable with advanced therapies.
Our team is seeking a Social Worker who has experience with any type of transplants. Responsibilities
A day in the life of a Social Worker 2 at Hackensack Meridian includes:
- Evaluating patients pre-transplant and following up through inpatient and outpatient post-transplant
- Assisting the care team and/or directly facilitating patient-family meetings for goal setting and advance care planning
- Providing emotional support for patients and families facing advanced illness
- Coordinating educational and outreach and support group services
- Participating in quality improvement initiatives
- Acting as a liaison between system-wide care teams, discharge planning, and social service departments
- Acting as a liaison between the care team and community hospice, home care agencies, long-term care facilities and other community services as needed
- Attending monthly and periodic team meetings for the operational and administrative functions of the service line
If you feel the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
- Must have a minimum of a Masters level degree or higher in social work or a related mental health field
- LSW is required, LCSW is preferred
- A minimum of three (3) years of social work experience as a licensed social worker is required
- Must have experience working with transplant patients
- CPR/BLS Certification by American Heart Association is preferred
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.
Posting ID: 552622674Posted: 2020-05-27