How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health
our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The EMS Supervisor assists in the daily operations of the EMS departments (ALS, AIR, BLS, SCTU divisions). Responsibilities
QualificationsKnowledge, Education and Skills Required:
- Provides operational oversight to EMTs and paramedics assigned to their respective teams.
- Conducts daily readiness briefings.
- Ensures all charts are signed and locked by end of each shift, including all necessary forms.
- Submits daily tour report.
- Completes department and hospital incident reports as required.
- Rounds at EMS stations during the shift to ensure compliance with all department standards.
- Addresses daily operational issues and take corrective action as necessary.
- Coordinates with Fleet Coordinator to ensure preventative maintenance schedules are followed and all vehicles repairs are made.
- Attends meetings as scheduled by the EMS leadership team.
- Functions as a clinical provider within the scope of current licensure and competency as needed to maintain operations.
- Is qualified/competent to perform as the EMS Branch Director at large scale incidents as needed.
- Acts as a liaison for the EMS department for concerns between departments and facilities.
- Communicates policies, standards, processes and procedures.
- Participates in the department performance improvement plan.
- Effectively and efficiently identifies shift problems; investigates and responds appropriately to all situations.
- Effectively conducts employee performance appraisals in a timely manner on team members as assigned.
- Investigates process deviations and reported policy violations and then initiates corrective action and disciplinary interviews in accordance with applicable policies and procedures.
- Serves as a role model for team members (i.e. professionalism, integrity, accountability, quality care).
- Collaborates with EMS leadership for efficient fiscal management of departmental activities to ensure proper utilization of hospital financial resources.
- Assists in identifying cost containment opportunities by identifying alternative products and workflows within the EMS department and escalating to EMS leadership for consideration.
- Interacts in an appropriate and timely manner in conflict situations, facilitating constructive resolutions and positive outcomes whenever possible.
- Collaborates with leadership on inter/intra departmental issues that may occur when dealing with other members of the organization.
- Uses High Reliability Organization (HRO) principles to identify patient care issues and collaborates with the leadership team to implement corrective action plans.
- Participates in interviewing prospective team members.
- Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's organizational competencies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Education and Skills Preferred:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 3 years Paramedic experience.
- Associate's degree.
- Possess and maintain current BCLS-C certification, possess and maintain current ACLS provider certification.
- Possess and maintain current PALS certification.
- ICS 400 Level.
- HAZMAT Operations.
- ITLS, PHTLS, or TNCC certification within 6 months of hire.
- Possess and maintain a valid United States Driver's License and possess and maintain current NJDOH Certification as an MICP or Paramedics Certification.
- Certified Emergency Vehicle Operator (CEVO), or equivalent driver training course within 6 months of hire.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.
Posting ID: 552622691Posted: 2020-05-27