SAIC is seeking Software and Systems Engineers for our Summer Internship Program.
Our summer internship program is designed for undergraduate students who will be graduating in 2020 and 2021. Other years in school are considered on a case by case basis. The positions are located in Cookeville, TN, Huntsville, AL and a few other national locations to include the Maryland/DC/VA Metro area.
The SAIC Summer Internship Program is a 12-week program from May 26th - August 14th. The program is designed to give students in depth work experience in the areas of Software and Systems Engineering. Our Program is a pathway to employment. Selected students are offered full-time positions at the completion of the summer internship with factors to include job performance, business needs and the attainment of an accredited degree.
We are seeking a variety of software and systems engineers. Our Intern engineers may be responsible for both planning activities and hands on work to include: coding, testing, designing, deploying, troubleshooting and evaluating systems and reviewing information security policies. The engineers may also conduct systems analysis and system integration. Our engineers may work individually and on project teams to solve technical.
SUMMER INTERNSHIP REQUIREMENTS:
• Actively pursuing Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other technical majors. Junior status or above preferred
• GPA of 3.0 or above
• Must be able to pass a U.S. government background investigation
• Must have an interest in software and/or systems engineering
• Ability to participate in the 12 week program from May 26th - August 14th
• Strong analytical background and problem solving mind set
• Demonstrated leadership capabilities and the ability to contribute to a team atmosphere
• Self-starter, strong business acumen, and results focused
• Superior communication skills, both oral and written
• Proficiency with various technology applications
Important Note: Software engineering roles will support the SDLC life-cycle, but not all interns will have the opportunity to program or code based on the timing of our project life-cycles on our contracts during the summer.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Posting ID: 552622738Posted: 2020-05-27