As a Nursing Assistant at CentraCare Monticello Care Center, you'll find your purpose by bringing comfort and healing to our patients. In this position you will work 48 hours per two week pay period. Variable days during the week, Monday-Friday 6:30AM-3:00PM every other weekend, rotating holidays.
You'll work with a team of amazing healthcare professionals every day. You'll join them to listen, then serve, guide and heal, because health means everything to our patients we serve.
This work requires a kind heart, caring hands and the ability to balance assertiveness with understanding. You'll learn to prioritize and develop an incredible depth of knowledge. It's not easy but rewarding- the longer you do it the better you'll get. It's worth it- so worth it.
This work is critical to helping patients maintain dignity while they heal. Whether this role is a long-term career choice, or a path to other jobs in healthcare, you will find fulfillment in the lives you touch.
Here are some ways you'll serve patients:
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Interact with patients to promote comfort, express compassion and empathy as they heal
- Critical monitoring, like obtaining blood pressure, temperature, pulse, respiratory rate and glucose checks – so we can better assess their health
- Transport them to appointments and procedures – to get them the right care at the right time
- Walking – It's one of the most important things we can do for them- and you get to help them do it safely
- Assist with ADLs (activities of daily living) – these are things we often take for granted that patients may be unable to, or need help doing, themselves. ADLs include bathing, brushing teeth, toileting, feeding and more.
- Nursing Assistant Must be registered with the Minnesota Nursing Assistant Registry Required OR Complete CentraCare's Nursing Assistant in Training program.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Current certification through the American Heart Association.
Starting at $15.40/Hour
CentraCare Health and Carris Health have made a commitment to diversity in its workforce. All individuals including, but not limited to, individuals with disabilities, are encouraged to apply. CentraCare Health and Carris Health are EEO/AA employers.