SAIC is seeking a candidate who will be responsible for IT Service Management platform administration including performing day-to-day configuration, maintenance and support activities on the commercial software systems and related technologies that enable the IT workforce to manage and control its service delivery.
The person in this role will work within a technical team of IT professionals to perform system administration activities on the IT service management software. In addition, the candidate will directly engage the ITSM user community, including both IT practitioners and IT management stakeholders to elicit requirements and perform ITSM system configuration activities that enables their effective ITSM practice. Employee must be a strong team member who excels in customer service skills and be effective in communication with clients, management and fellow employees. Qualifications
- Requires Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Management of Information Systems, or relevant discipline OR 4 years of professional experience in lieu of degree.
- Minimum 1-year hands on experience with administration and configuration of IT systems or application development experience.
- Ability to work closely with an experienced team
- Ability to interact with customers and determine requirements
- Knowledge of Windows and/or Linux operating systems
- Candidate can start uncleared but must be able to obtain and maintain a DOE Q security clearance
- Solid foundation in the software development lifecycle, computing systems environments and development methodologies.
- Experience with the BMC ITSM Suite (Change, Incident, Knowledge, CMDB and/or Problem Management).
- Knowledge of the ITIL framework, specifically IT Operations Management.
- Experience with Agile software development practices(Scrum, Kanban, etc).
- Ability to prioritize work assignments.
- Understands basic IT systems maintenance &operations procedures to assess and manage risk.
- Ability to work cross-functionally to solve problems and implement changes.
- Knowledge of configuration management practices.
- Experience in leading business requirements elicitation.
- Active DOE Q or L clearance
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Posting ID: 552622804Posted: 2020-04-29