The Department of State, Bureau of Information Resource Management (IRM) Mobile and Remote Access (MRA) Division provides mission critical mobile device (iPhone, Android, BlackBerry) and remote access (Citrix-based) capabilities to over 60,000 customers worldwide. In support of these services, MRA and the Vanguard 2.2.1 Program currently has an opening for a Tier 1 Service Desk Technician who will provide world-class customer service and technical support via phone, in-person and/or other communication mediums. The dedicated Tier 1 Service Desk Technician is a heavily focused customer-facing role that works in a high- paced operational environment and is responsible for the initial triage of customer incidents or service requests.
The Tier 1 Service Desk Team is part of a larger Operations Team, which is composed of both Tier 1 and Tier 2 Technicians who work across three shifts (Days, Swings, and Midnight) 24x7x365. Description of Duties:
- Provide professional phone and/or in-person technical support to customers with the goal of resolving customer-reported issues upon first contact.
- Monitor phone call queue and answer phone calls in a prompt manner to minimize customer wait times.
- Monitor Remedy Ticket queue (and Queue Monitor) and update tickets assigned on a daily basis; document all incidents and service request tickets in ITSM tool (Remedy) to ensure customers are provided with the latest status/update, progress, and resolution of their request. Triage and troubleshoot all mobile device and remote access - BlackBerry, iPhone/iPad, Android, Global OpenNet (GO), and Surface Pro - issues; provide customers with step-by-step instructions on how-to configure and/or troubleshoot device-related or remote access-related issues.
- Prioritize and respond to all High/Critical and/or VIP-related incidents or service requests first and escalate to Shift Lead and/or Tier 2 Systems Teams, as needed.
- Actively participate in Shift Turnover activities to ensure awareness of ongoing operational issues (Domestic or Overseas), VIP-related issues, and/or planned/unplanned outages/system changes that may impact MRA (or other IRM-related) services.
- Process new mobile or remote access service enrollment requests and/or service account requests from Remedy and/or MRA Management System (MRAMS).
- Add/Change account information in Active Directory, BlackBerry, and/or Citrix/XenMobile related systems; perform BlackBerry/XenMobile mobile device activations and re-activations
- Perform Citrix/RSA PIN resets and/or soft token pushes to mobile devices • Escalate all customer reported issues and/or potential system-related problems to Shift Lead and/or Operations Manager.
- Escalate any un- resolved technical issues that are more complex in nature to Tier 2 Systems Team.
- Adhere to and follow standard operating procedures (SOPs), Guides, Templates, and Policies used to support and manage MRA Operations daily activities.
The Tier 1 Service Desk Technician may perform the required duties (listed above) at either SA-09 or in the IT MART (walk-in support center) located in the Harry S. Truman (HST) Building; both locations are in Washington DC. For Tier 1 Service Desk Technicians who support the IT MART, the following duties below are also expected given the in-person support aspect:
Must be open to working all shiftsQualificationsRequired Education/Experience:
- Perform in-person mobile device (and remote access) troubleshooting / configuration / provisioning actions with customers.
- Provide customers with a brief introduction of how-to use their mobile device.
- Associates Degree in related technical discipline with 1 year of experience, or HS with 2 years.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Windows system administration tasks including: Windows Server 2008/2012, Active Directory, iOS or Android platforms, iPhones, iPads, BlackBerry 10 and 12, RSA, Citrix, and SCOM monitoring tool.
- Basic knowledge of BMC Remedy.
- Customer service- related skills.
- Skills to address issues with senior level customers and/or VIPs.
- Self- motivated problem solver possessing effective troubleshooting skills as it relates to IT issues.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with experience working directly with customers including VIPs.
- Strong organizational skills; ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities and quick turnaround deliverables.
- Ability to focus on ticket and monitoring systems for sustained periods.
Must be able to obtain an interim secret clearance in order to begin work or currently possess one
- Experience with mobile device solutions.
- Certification in relevant IT products/technologies.
- As essential personnel, candidate is required to maintain consistent on-time presence at the work location.
- Depending on the work location, the individual will be required to perform shift work in a 24 x 7 x 365 work environment.
- The candidate should have an eye for detail, ability to multi-task, organize priorities, and work in a systematic style following Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and guides.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Posting ID: 552622822Posted: 2020-05-27