DescriptionSAIC is seeking System Safety Engineers!Job Description:
- A successful candidate will work as part of a team analyzing equipment to identify hazards, categorize risk, and recommend mitigations to reduce the probability/severity of a mishap resulting in injury to personnel, equipment damage, and/or damage to the environment.
- Candidates will collaborate with government personnel, vendors and the user community to ensure the safety of Navy Weapon Systems to include one or more of the following; Missiles (SM-2/SM-3, RAM, NSSM, ESSM, Griffin Missile System), Navy Guns (Minor/Medium/Major Caliber), Laser Systems and Aegis).
QualificationsRequired Education and Experience:
- Systems safety analysis of hardware and software in a variety of US Navy and US Marines Corps weapons and combat systems.
- Prepare/update Safety Assessment Reports.
- Prepare/review/update Technical Data Packages and Presentation Materials in support of Safety Review Board Reviews including the Weapon System Explosive Safety Review Board (WSESRB) and Software Systems Safety Technical Review Panel (SSSTRP).
- Review System Requirements documentation to identify potential hazardous conditions and make recommendations to system design in collaboration with program staff.
- Perform operational analysis to identify potential deficiencies in operating procedures, training documentation, maintenance procedures, storage and handling procedures, and/or ordnance handling procedures.
- Make recommendations to commendations to resolve deficiencies.
- Review and make recommendations to test plans to ensure safety requirements are met.
- Assess Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs) and other system change requests to identify/verify safety risks.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering or a technical related field, or military experience at E-7 or higher.
- 2+ years of experience
- Must currently possess or be able to obtain a Secret security clearance, interim clearance is acceptable.
- Experience conducting System Engineering Analysis, System Safety Analysis, Risk Management and/or Hazard Analysis
- Experience working with US Navy or US Marine Corps combat systems or platforms
- Experience operating, maintaining, testing, or analyzing weapons systems or complex mechanical or software systems especially those mentioned above
- Systems Engineering experience with US Navy or US Marine Corps weapons systems
- Experience preparing technical reports
CRN# 214197 Overview
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Posting ID: 552622852Posted: 2020-05-27