Job SummaryProvide leadership in the Bakery Department by directing and managing Team Members, ordering raw materials and supplies, and implementing, merchandising initiatives to stimulate the growth of the business while meeting customer requirements and maximizing profits.Job Description
- Experience Required: 3 to 5 years
- Education Required: No High School diploma required
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 100 pounds
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of age
- Perform all functions of a Bakery Manager in their absence.
- Ability to understand and adhere to the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Provide products and services that meet or exceed the requirements of both internal and external customers at all times and abide by the Company's Common Purpose, Goal and Guiding Principles.
- Follow all procedures in accordance with company standards, and policies to eliminate out-of-stocks, maintain presentation, increase sales, increase customer satisfaction, maintain an accident free work environment, and decrease shrink.
- Develop and maintain communication processes with other departments in order to develop marketing plans, which help to meet the financial objectives of the store.
- Direct, oversee, and evaluate training provided by a trainer to department team members in order to reduce turnover, promote efficiency, and control labor costs.
- Prepare, maintain, and track records concerning inventories and work processes to calculate gross monthly profit according to Company policy.
- Manage inventories by tracking weekly reports and ordering raw materials and supplies in order to meet customer requirements and maximize profits.
- Willingness to work the hours needed to complete tasks.
- Work in a store with daily exposure to store activities and equipment used in bakery department.
About UsAt Giant Eagle Inc., we're more than just food, fuel and convenience. We're one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It's why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us the one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo's, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office we are working together to put food on shopper's tables' and smiles on their faces. We're always searching for the best part-time and full-time Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.
Posting ID: 552622855Posted: 2020-03-25