SAIC has an immediate opening for a Linux Administrator supporting C4ES USCENTCOM. The position is based in Tampa, Florida.
- The Candidate will be responsible for maintaining and updating the Linux environment for the USCENTCOM enterprise.
- Build, configure, and administrate all aspects of Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 6, 7, & 8
- Must be able to apply security hardness according to DISA STIG requirements
- Build, configure, and administrate Red Hat Satellite Server 6.
- Be able to export/import Satellite repository from connected networks to multiple disconnected networks.
- Familiar with Ansible and be able to deploy playbooks via the Red Hat Satellite Server
- Manage users and group accordingly
Other responsibilities include:
- Setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software, validating and implementing critical system patches, and allocating mass storage space.
- Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
- Assist in the implementation of policies and standards related to the use of computing resources, overall strategy, design, implementation, and operational aspects of multiple systems, operating environments, and related software.
- Schedules, plans, and oversees system upgrades.
- Develops functional requirements through interaction with end-users and coordinates with development team on systematic enhancements or changes.
- Reviews the efficiency and effectiveness of the process for controlling problems.
- Performs a variety of difficult assignments associated with monitoring and controlling computer operating systems.
- Analyzes system faults and troubleshoots and runs diagnostic tests on operating systems and hardware to detect problems.
- Evaluates and installs developed software during various phases of testing.
- Reviews and prepares documentation for systems, tests and installation of software.
- Investigates and recommends methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Initiates preventive maintenance on the operating systems as well as repair to system/environment problems.
- Administers systems/environment solutions for multiple projects with varying schedules.
- Interfaces with vendors for trouble calls.
- Supports the planning of system/environment requirements for individual projects.
- Producing management information related to problem management.
- Allocating resources to support efforts related to problem management.
- Monitoring the effectiveness of error control and making recommendations for improving.
- Ensuring problems are escalated and tracked at the proper priority level.
- Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of progressively responsible experience is desired or 9+ year's experience (preferred) in lieu of education.
- Experience working with Linux, Windows Server, VMware, and Active Directory.
- Active TS/SCI clearance is preferred. Must have a Secret clearance to start and be able to obtain a TS/SCI.
- Current Security + CE certification
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Posting ID: 552622889Posted: 2020-05-27