Job SummaryFrozen Food Leads provide leadership in the frozen food department by directing and managing Team Members, ordering perishable and non-perishable products and supplies and implementing merchandising initiatives to stimulate the growth of the business while meeting customer requirements and maximizing profits. This role also supervises all Team Members in the frozen food department.To thrive in this position, you should be a team player. You know that you are only successful when those around you are set up for success. You are eager to support an amazing team, have the drive to grow your career in leadership and have the ability to inspire those around you.Job Description
- Experience Required: 3 to 5 years
- Experience Desired: Prior Experience in the field; Customer Service Experience; Knowledge of Market District operational procedures; Ability to read and interpret Profit and Loss statement
- Education Required: High school diploma or equivalent
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Prepare, maintain and track records concerning inventories and work processes to calculate gross monthly profit according to company policy.
- Develop and implement merchandising plans using guidelines and suggestions in order to meet the financial objectives of the department.
- Control department costs by monitoring and improving operations to increase profitability.
- Direct, oversee and evaluate training provided by a trainer to department Team Members in order to reduce turnover, promote efficiency and control labor costs.
- Maintain a safe and clean environment to ensure health and OSHA requirements are met.
- Develop and maintain communication processes with other departments in order to develop marketing plans that help to meet the financial objectives of the store.
- Analyze the Customer Satisfaction Index and Team Member Point of View Survey to identify areas needing improvement and develop processes and/or procedures to address those issues.
- Maintain accurate department records to ensure documentation of activities is available.
- Ensure that proper procedures are being followed so that the store meets out-of-stock percentage goals.
- Promote the continuous development of Team Members and identify candidates for the Team Leader Development Program.
- Understand and adhere to the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Actively support a culture of safety that includes, but is not limited to, food safety, Team Member safety and customer safety.
- Conduct business, at all times, with a clear understanding that customer service is a significant point of difference for our Company. Every interaction, whether with an internal or external customer, is to be conducted with the highest degree of integrity and with an understanding that the end result is to deliver service in an unparalleled manner.
- Actively participate in, and promote, an environment that embraces diversity, inclusion and respect for Team Members, customers, vendors and the community.
- Manage inventories by tracking weekly reports and ordering raw materials and supplies in order to meet customer requirements and maximize profits.
- Schedule Team Members and delegate work assignments in accordance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement when applicable, effectively utilizing Team Members and supplies to maximize the store's profits.
About UsAt Giant Eagle Inc., we're more than just food, fuel and convenience. We're one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It's why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us the one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo's, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office we are working together to put food on shopper's tables' and smiles on their faces. We're always searching for the best part-time and full-time Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.
Posting ID: 552622945Posted: 2020-05-27