We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Technical Writer to join our team to begin an exciting and challenging career with SAIC. This resource will assist with technical documentation required in support of the TADS contract. The Tech Writer will be required to work closely with the development team to ensure that code modifications are reflected in system documentation in a timely manner. This person should also have excellent verbal communications skills to help facilitate stakeholder meetings, take meeting minutes, and assist with any other user documentation needs (User Guides, FAQ, User Feedback, etc) on the team: Duties:
• Organize material and complete writing assignment according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
• Maintain records and files of work and revisions.
• Determine the needs of end users of technical documentation
• Prepare instruction manuals, meeting minutes, and other supporting documents to communicate complex and technical information more easily.
• Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements
• Analyze existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities
• Create and maintain the information architecture
• Produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience
• Write easy-to-understand user interface text, online help and developer guides
• Create tutorials to help end-users use a variety of applications
• Organize and write supporting documents for products
• Use photographs, drawings, diagrams, animation, and charts that increase users' understanding
• Revise documents as new issues arise
• Perform configuration management tasks, including facilitating the OIT Change Request process
• Bachelor's Degree with 5-8 years experience as a technical writer on software or IT focused projects
• Experience with scientific and technical documents, preferably meteorological software related documents
• Experience with or knowledge of Air Force Weather forecasting operations
Must be US Citizen
Must be able to obtain Secret Clearance
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Posting ID: 552622992Posted: 2020-05-20