The Military AME Specialist will work onsite at US. Central Command (CENTCOM), MacDill AFB, FL) and coordinate with the GCC and the Offices of Security Cooperation (OSCs) in U.S. Embassies to plan, schedule, arrange logistics for, and perform AME activities in nations in the respective AORs and other designated areas, or globally, as needed. AME Specialists will assist in developing and using approved metrics to judge operational capacity and capability improvements in foreign security forces and will serve as subject matter experts (SMEs) in their fields. QualificationsRequired Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Must have a minimum of an active Secret clearance and must be eligible to obtain a TS/SCI.
- Minimum of 6 years military experience as a U.S. armed forces officer. The types of persons needed include: Army or Marine Corps combat arms officer, preferably Special Forces or Marine Raider qualified, preferably with combat experience.
- Knowledge of DoD security cooperation programs and State Department security assistance programs and the Foreign Military Sales (FMS) process.
- Ability to work with US State Department, DoD, and foreign military senior officers and officials in a respectful, professional, and direct manner.
- Professional in conduct and appearance.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills. Able to write high quality formal reports that will be provided to senior U.S. military and civilian officials.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Capable of organizing and completing all planning, support, scheduling, and execution activities for overseas travel.
- Able to work independently with minimal direction and exhibit a high level of initiative, attention to detail, and accuracy in all work, while tracking multiple tasks.
- Able and willing to travel in locally provided aircraft, vehicles, and boats to remote bases.
- Able and willing to work in high threat areas.
- Able and willing to walk up to two miles over rough terrain, carry 40-pound bags, hike up hills, climb towers, go into confined spaces, examine vessels, vehicles, aircraft, and military facilities in a field environment, and work in extreme hot or cold weather with conditions such as high winds, rain, snow, and high altitude (over 10,000 feet).
- Master's degree and/or diploma from a US or foreign military Command and Staff College or equivalent.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Posting ID: 552623081Posted: 2020-05-27