Job Reference #
Are you someone who enjoys financial analysis in a transaction-oriented environment? Are you motivated to take on responsibility in a decision making role? Are you a solution-oriented individual?
We are looking for someone like this to:
- Be a Credit Risk Officer responsible for Commercial Real Estate finance within Wealth Management Americas
- Be involved in the underwriting, recommendations and decision making processes
- Independently analyze credit risks and engage with the business to ensure transactions are consistent with UBS' underwriting risk appetite
- Provide senior level challenge to ensure that transactions meet relevant regulatory requirements
- Perform fundamental financial and economic analysis for prospective real estate finance transactions
- Assign credit risk ratings to all transactions under your responsibility
CRE Credit Risk Officer AD
Salt Lake City
Country / State
United States, United States - Utah
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
The WM USA Credit Risk Control team is responsible for independently assessing transaction risks and for constructively challenging all diligence work and financial modeling produced by the business. The team serves as the firm's second line of defense and is charged with independently assessing all risks associated with the origination and distribution of public finance transactions. It is directly responsible for assigning risk ratings and for ensuring our analytical standards are in compliance with regulatory expectations.
- A bachelor degree in business administration, finance, economics, or similar, and some level of formal credit training is preferred
- Demonstrated expertise in a similar position or related financial services position, with a minimum 3 years of Commercial Real Estate related experience preferred
- Deep understanding of the risks associated with the Commercial Real Estate finance business, including economic, industry, geographic and property risks
- Expertise in structuring credit transactions and managing all types of credit risk
- A track record of having exercised credit authority
- Strong analytical, quantitative and problem solving skills
- Open minded, inquisitive, self-driven individual with strong critical and logical reasoning abilities
- Capable of thinking in multiple risk dimensions and applying good judgment
- Well organized and able to work in a fast paced environment, even when no two days are the same
- Comfortable working productively in a team-oriented, collaborative environment as well as independently
- A great communicator, with the ability to interact appropriately at all levels in the organization
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Posting ID: 552623104Posted: 2020-05-27