- Properly load and unload freight using a forklift, pallet jack, hand truck or by hand
- Strap, brace and pad freight to prevent damage or shifting
- Responsible for accurately recording the condition of freight as it arrives at the terminal
- Perform pre-shift and post-shift inspection of dock equipment
- Regular attendance is required.
- This is not an all-inclusive list of job requirements and/or duties and may not contain all mental and physical capabilities necessary to perform the job at all times due to circumstances. Operational, safety and other needs may require the employee to perform any and all other duties as assigned. Employees are expected, and must be able to perform all such duties and tasks.
Auto req ID
- High School Diploma or General Educational Degree (GED), or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background
- 18+ years of age
- Experience in the transportation industry preferred
- Stable employment history preferred
- Prior operation of a forklift or previous forklift certification preferred
- Must be able to push or pull a loaded pallet jack and/or hand truck with a minimum load of 70 lbs.
- Physical activities include: standing, walking, lifting, twisting, turning, etc.
- Must have the ability to work all shifts, including overtime and weekends; must be dependable
- Must be able to comply with all company policies, rules, procedures and Code of Conduct
- Must be able to interact well with others
- Must be able to work independently, or in a team setting
- Must be capable of working under tight time constraints in a high volume environment with multiple priorities
- Responds well to questions; Ability to read, interpret and comply with written information and documents such as safety rules, operations / procedure manuals and maintenance instructions with a high comprehension and concentration level to include the ability to meet deadlines
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, random drug and/or alcohol tests, and will be subject to a criminal history background check
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
Pennsylvania Organization Level
Estes Express LinesJob Category
General LaborEmployment Type
West MiddlesexEqual Employment Opportunity
EOE, including disability/vets
Posting ID: 552623177Posted: 2020-03-11