SAICis seeking personnel to support a contingentopportunity withThe National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) Data Archive (NDA) program in North Bethesda, MD. The NDA's mission is to harmonize research data from hundreds of research projects by using a common data definition, deep data federation techniques to query data held by others, and by managing a de-identified research subject identification system. Upon award, SAIC will provide project management, operations and database support, software engineering, managing a help desk, infrastructure support to the research community who are trying to deposit or access data, scientific support to program staff and other federal employees, and quality assurance checks on the data provided. This position is contingent upon award.
The Operations Manager is responsible for ensuring that the data in the NDA is secured and protected following NIH/Federal standards. Manage backup and recovery of the NDA data locally and in the cloud and assist leading computational scientists to compute in place and provide results of computational experiments back into the NDA.
The Operations Manager will support the following:
• Operations and Database Support using a Java, RedHat, and Oracle framework using Amazon cloud
• NIH Program Support for Data Submission on 700 separate human subjects research projects
• NIH Program Support for Data Access for up to 10,000 users
Manage computer operations. Ensure production schedules are met. Ensures computer system resources are used effectively. Coordinate the resolution of production-related problems. Ensure proper relationships are established between customers, teaming partners, and vendors to facilitate the delivery of information technology services. Provide users with computer output. Supervise staff operations.
Bachelor's Degree and 6 years of experience managing data infrastructure with demonstrated experience managing scientific research systems and security in a commercial cloud environment.
Experience with the following:
• Red Hat
• Amazon Cloud
Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
• Experience in medical / scientific / clinical computing environment.
• Experience working with big data, supporting analytics and statistical analyses.
• Experience developing and delivering solutions on large-scale public cloud infrastructures.
• Experience with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Enterprise Performance Life Cycle (EPLC) framework.
• Experience with federal and HHS regulations regarding human subject research data including the Privacy Act, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), etc.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. For SAIC benefits information, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Posting ID: 552623308Posted: 2020-05-27