The Operations Program Manager will be the primary Operations interface to the core product development teams and other functional organizations within Peloton, from the early architectural phases through product launch. OPMs must have a strong technical understanding of their products and have experience influencing key design and architecture decisions in order to meet aggressive cost targets and key Operations KPIs.RESPONSIBILITIES
This role requires close cross functional collaboration with Product Managers, Engineering, Industrial Design, Sales, Marketing, Finance, and other Operations teams to bring an Operational mindset to product development. The OPM will own factory readiness and all Operational aspects of product launch, including preparedness across Quality, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Planning, Logistics, Field Operations, and Reverse Logistics functions.
- Ensure the successful launch of products towards meeting its stated cost, quality, schedule, and availability goals.
- Assesses, analyzes, consolidates, and communicates risk and status clearly and succinctly to management, calling out key issues and presenting options for resolution to the cross-functional executive team through the new product reviews and other executive forums.
- Use your technical expertise to drive engineering and the supply chain team to meet program cost targets at a product and commodity level for your project.
- Work closely with the Strategic Sourcing Team to ensure partner selection is being optimized to support product requirements.
- Be proactive, pay attention to the details, and ensure you are enabling teams across to make smart and timely decisions. Stay on top of many moving pieces without letting anything drop
- Build and maintain healthy relationships with key stakeholders across all organizations
- Liaison across multiple cross-functional teams to ensure product cost, manufacturability, reliability, product quality, safety and compliance, and go-to-market strategies are met.
- Work closely with Product Managers and Engineering Program Managers to define Key Performance Indicators and Product Requirement Documents to enable successful architecture and design locks and according to PDP timeline, and drive cross functional teams to follow processes important to Peloton throughout the development cycle
- Provides links from the US based Operations & Engineering Teams to the Factory Operations teams from various development builds through new product introduction.
- Drive Operations team to ensure materials, equipment, fixtures, staffing, training and documentation plans are in place to support NPI builds and MP, and that key milestones such as capacity requirements and CapEx budgets are met
- Take ownership of product and factory ramp readiness, working closely with Strategic Sourcing, Quality, Manufacturing, and other teams
- During the product launch timeframe, ensure that Operational teams such as Planning, Logistics, Field Operations, and Reverse Logistics functions are prepared and regularly up to speed with any information that may impact them
- Ensure that post launch, programs are set-up with the right infrastructure and processes to be successful, such as with plans to hit capacity targets, second source and post ramp qualifications, etc.
- BS or higher in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing & Operations Engineering or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience in Operations Program Management/NPI role in consumer electronics industry
- Knowledge in Operations and Supply Chain
- Cross-functional leadership experience
- Proven project management and teamwork experience
- Experience working with and managing external suppliers and manufacturers
- Problem solving, analytical and communication experience
- Master's degree, MBA
- 7+ years of experience in leading development/delivery of multiple high-volume consumer electronics and/or fitness products, managing JDM's with different models of engagement
- Ability to navigate ambiguity in a fast-paced environment and prioritize multiple work threads to maximize impact
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
"Together We Go Far" means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. In order to be the best version of Peloton, we are deeply committed to building a diverse workforce and inclusive culture where all of our team members can be the best version of themselves. This work has no endpoint; it is the constant work of running an organization that strives to reach its full potential. As a first step in our commitment, we announced the Peloton Pledge to invest $100 million over the next four years to fight racial injustice and inequity in our world, and to promote health and wellbeing for all, from the inside out.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address. If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email email@example.com before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.