For more than a century, the people of Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) have transformed crops into products that serve the vital needs of a growing world. Today, we're one of the world's largest agricultural processors and food ingredient providers, with approximately 40,000 employees serving customers in hundreds of countries. With a global value chain that includes approximately 450 crop procurement locations, more than 330 food and feed ingredient manufacturing facilities, 62 innovation centers and the world's premier crop transportation network, we connect the harvest to the home, making products for food, animal feed, industrial and energy uses. Learn more at www.adm.com. Stevedore C - Waggaman, LA
This is a full-time, hourly level position.Position Summary:
- ADM is seeking a laborer to work as a stevedore on a mid-stream stevedoring rig based out of our American River Transportation Company (ARTCo) in Waggaman, LA.
- Assists with loading and unloading cargo on barges and vessels
- General housekeeping and upkeep of the rig, including cleaning and painting
- Insure operational readiness of cranes, barges and mobile equipment
- Assist with training of contractors and rig hands in stevedoring operations
- Assisting mechanics, welders or any other personnel as directed for the completion of tasks in stevedoring operations
- Complete required electronic reports and forms
- Report all injuries, illnesses, near misses, damage or other issues timely
- Additional duties and responsibilities as required or requested
- Ability to follow direction and execute tasks under the supervision of the shift leads and managers
- Reading and writing skills sufficient to comprehend/complete a variety of documents
- Ability to work in a flexible schedule; must allow for changes in assignments, and priorities depending upon identified needs of the rig or vessels
- Ability to work well independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to properly inspect and operate mobile equipment; proficient in operating a loader and basic skills to operate a track hoe in various working conditions
- Working knowledge in the process of drafting barges
- Working knowledge in winch operations, securing of barges and proper rigging
- Must be able to work in all types of climates
- Promote the ADM Way and core Values
- Must have a demonstrated history of safe work behavior and a sincere desire to follow and improve upon safety policies and procedures
- Ability to work extended hours, evenings, weekends and Holidays
- Current Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) card required. If you do not have a TWIC card upon hire, you must apply for one within 5 days
- Must pass a pre-employment physical, drug screen and Company human performance exam (physical ability test)
- Standing for prolonged periods of time
- Frequent heavy lifting
- Prolonged periods of kneeling, bending and climbing stairs/ladders
- Ability to work near or on large bodies of water, at various heights and in confined spaces
Relocation assistance is not available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of applicable pre-employment drug screen, medical questionnaire and a background check.
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veterans status. City
LA - Louisiana Ref ID
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veterans status.