At ADM, we unlock the power of nature to provide access to nutrition worldwide. With industry-advancing innovations, a complete portfolio of ingredients and solutions to meet any taste, and a commitment to sustainability, we give customers an edge in solving the nutritional challenges of today and tomorrow. We're a global leader in human and animal nutrition and the world's premier agricultural origination and processing company. Our breadth, depth, insights, facilities and logistical expertise give us unparalleled capabilities to meet needs for food, beverages, health and wellness, and more. From the seed of the idea to the outcome of the solution, we enrich the quality of life the world over. Learn more at www.adm.com.
Maintenance & Reliability Specialist- Indianola, IA
This is an hourly level position. Position Summary:
Responsible for performing mechanical, electrical, and electronic plant/equipment maintenance so that production down time is minimized and efficiency is maximized. Support, implement, and maintain food safety and quality practices as required through SQF and other food safety programs as required. Will be responsible for completing job duties in a manner that supports all plant safety, food safety, quality and environmental practices.Primary Job Responsibilities:
Secondary Job Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot and repair mechanical problems of all plant equipment including mechanical drive systems and hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical problems of plant and packaging/processing equipment such as wiring, circuits, fuses, switches, electrical installations, transformers, motors, and AC & DC motor drives.
- Troubleshoot and repair electronic problems of plant and packaging/processing equipment such as programmable controllers, circuit boards, install electronic components, computer programming.
- Perform preventative maintenance on all equipment, check and replace items, and conduct equipment inspections.
- Provide maintenance and operator training to ensure proper use of equipment
- Design and fabricate replacement parts or equipment: Cut, grind, weld to repair equipment
- Keep track of parts inventory and request replacement parts when necessary. Ensure parts are installed in equipment when received
- Perform building maintenance and repairs including HVAC, roofs/windows/doors, lights, and forklifts
- Keep all work and shop areas clean so as to avoid injury and/or sanitation problems
- Provide input into mechanical, electrical and electronic designs of equipment
- Perform other assigned duties as required
- 1-2 years vocational training in maintenance mechanics to include: hydraulics, pneumatics, machine shop, electricity, electronics and programmable computers. Knowledge of production machinery operation and maintenance.
Job Description (Continued)Skills and Abilities:Types of Equipment:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in plant and production equipment maintenance including mechanical, electrical, and electronic repair.
Ability to operate machine tools (drill press, saws), and other powered tools. Computers, electronic test equipment, multimeters, welding cutting equipment - all types.Physical Requirements:
Manual dexterity for delicate electronic work. Frequently stop, squat, twist, reach, climb stairs while performing job duties. Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds. Ability to distinguish between sounds or vibrations for equipment repair and colors for electronic wiring work.Mental/Motor Requirements
: Ability to read blueprints and electrical schematics; ability to troubleshoot plant and production equipment problems (mechanical, electrical and electronic); ability to effectively interact and communicate with machine operators; ability to work closely with other team members to share responsibilities and solve problems. Ability to perform tasks from memory. Ability to work alone and be self-directed. Ability to operate processing and packaging equipment.Working Conditions:
Work in all plant areas and outside the plant. Exposure to extreme heat and cold, humidity, dust. Exposure to high noise levels.Problem Solving:
Must identify and solve mechanical, electrical and electronic plant or equipment problems. Repairs must be performed safely, on a timely basis, and cost effectively. Provide input into engineering designs, e.g. electrical or electronic systems or changes-- practicality and convenience.
Relocation assistance is not available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life, vision, and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and a background check.
ADM is an EOE for minorities, females, protected veterans and individuals with a disability. City
IA - Iowa Ref ID
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veterans status.