Paralegal- Chicago, IL
This is a non-exempt level position. Position Summary:
ADM seeks a Paralegal to support the Legal Department, including Litigation, Commercial and Operational processes. The position requires a dedicated, trustworthy and detail oriented person with the desire and ability to provide outstanding support, as well as an aptitude for discovery process, Contracting and legal technology to support leading many legal processes within the Legal Department.Job Responsibilities:
The position will be responsible for the following:E-discovery Paralegal
- Supporting the Legal Hold process including issuing and releasing legal holds and legal hold quality control
- Nuix e-discovery administrator primarily responsible for Processing data, searching and review SME to assist attorneys with developing and running search terms, analyzing data, and developing review workflows
- Assist in gathering information for and responding to third-party subpoenas
- Assist attorneys with custodian interviews
- Assist in the maintenance of the production repository
Legal Ops Coordinator
- Manage NDA process and tool including:
- Initial review and agreement creation
- Maintain NDA playbook
- Communication with other party
- Route for attorney assistance, when needed
- Manage final execution
- Help lead Litigation related processes and reporting within the Department utilizing existing workflows such as Early Case Assessment, budget management, loss contingency assessment, settlement authority approval, status updates, and data quality reporting.
- Provide project coordination for Legal Operations projects within the department, which may include information gathering and documentation, analyzing and preparing information around people, processes and technology and project task management.
The position will be hands-on and inventive and possess a strong work ethic and professional persona in addition to the following:
Job Description (Continued)
- Track record of outstanding achievement with a demonstrated desire and ability to proactively take on challenging work.
- A strong spirit of teamwork and cooperation and a confirmed ability to cultivate and maintain positive working relationships with people at all levels inside and outside of the organization.
- Maturity, professional attitude and personal discretion to interact with business leaders and directors.
- Independent decision making and problem solving skills with the ability to develop solutions in a logical and detailed way.
- Excellent interpersonal skills emphasizing writing and speaking succinctly, clearly and effectively.
- Excellent listening skills with a strong ability to comprehend communication.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with an attention to detail and follow-up.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to exercise prudent judgment involving issues of a highly-confidential and sensitive nature.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and adapt to changes in environment and responsibilities.
- Commitment to continuous learning, especially new technologies.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel) required.
- A Bachelor's degree is preferred, but not required along with a Paralegal certificate from accredited institution and a minimum of 5 years of Paralegal related experience or equivalent experience.
Relocation assistance is not available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of applicable pre-employment drug screen, medical questionnaire and a background check.
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veteran status.
For more than a century, the people of Archer Daniels Midland Company (NYSE: ADM) have transformed crops into products that serve the vital needs of a growing world. Today, we're one of the world's largest agricultural processors and food ingredient providers, with approximately 40,000 employees serving customers in hundreds of countries. With a global value chain that includes approximately 450 crop procurement locations, more than 330 food and feed ingredient manufacturing facilities, 62 innovation centers and the world's premier crop transportation network, we connect the harvest to the home, making products for food, animal feed, industrial and energy uses. Learn more at www.adm.com. City
IL - Illinois Ref ID
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veterans status.