Description:Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Staff Registered Nurse (0.5 FTE, Variable Shift)to work for the Cancer Treatment Center at Swedish First Hill in Seattle, WA.The Registered Nurse is responsible for providing nursing care adapted to individual patient needs based on the nursing process, which includes assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation.In this position you will:
Qualifications:Required qualifications for this position include:
- Collect pertinent assessment data that includes present condition, past history, physical, spiritual and psychosocial information utilizing input from patient, significant other, and/or healthcare tem members as applicable. Interpret data to identify the patient's needs and potential problems.
- Develop, review, and revise an individualized care plan within the time frame identified in documentation standards. Establishes expected outcomes that are measurable and achievable.
- Evaluate patient's response to care and initiates independent and/or collaborative changes where appropriate. Documents changes in condition and response to interventions.
- Utilize nursing process to incorporate teaching into delivery of patient care. Documents teaching and learning.
- Maintain annual clinical and institutional competencies.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Nursing degree/diploma required upon hire.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing or higher within 6 years of hire.
- A RN with 20 years of RN experience will not be required to obtain a BSN
- Exceptions will be considered on a case-by-case basis at each facility by the most senior administrative nursing leader in consultation with the Human Resources leader.
- One (1) year current oncology, or infusion oncology nursing experience, preferably in an acute care facility.
- Current Washington State Registered Nursing license required.Successful completion of the ONS Chemotherapy and Biotherapy Course.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Health Care Providers required at time of hire from American Heart Association (AHA) or Military Training Network (MTN).
About the First Hill Campus
- Oncology Certified Nurse
- IV Therapy certification
- Outpatient clinic experience
The 697-bed tertiary-care center on the Swedish/First Hill campus is the flagship of the Swedish health-care system. Swedish/First Hill has one of the most active and advanced birthing programs in Washington state and houses a Level III neonatal intensive-care unit. More surgeries are performed each year at Swedish/First Hill than at any other facility in the region; volumes include more total joint replacements than any other medical center in the state.We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
Our nonprofit Mission is to improve the health and wellbeing of each person we serve. Our Vision is to demonstrate the highest-quality, best-value healthcare to all we serve.About Us
Swedish is the largest nonprofit health care provider in the greater Seattle area. It is comprised of five hospital campuses (First Hill, Cherry Hill, Ballard, Edmonds and Issaquah); ambulatory care centers in Redmond and Mill Creek; and Swedish Medical Group a network of more than 118 primary care and specialty locations throughout the Puget Sound. Swedish employs more than 13,300 employees and 3,100 physicians and allied health professionals. Whether through physician clinics, education, research and innovation or other outreach, we're committed to caring for the people in our region and beyond. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.Schedule:
Nursing - OtherLocation:
First Hill Arnold Bldg (WA181) 1221 Madison Seattle, 98104Req ID:
Posting ID: 552624129Posted: 2020-05-27