Description:Swedish Medical Center is looking for aCancer Conference and Registry Coordinator(1.0 FTE, Day Shift ) to work for the Swedish Cancer Institute Health Info Services Department at Swedish First Hill in Seattle, WA.Under the supervision of a certified tumor registrar, this role supports the cancer registry by identifying new cancer cases, maintaining and reporting current and accurate outcome data, and participating in data quality control activities. This position also provides coordination of the Swedish Cancer Conferences.In this position you will:
Qualifications:Requiredqualifications for this position include:
- Under the supervision of a certified tumor registrar, assists with initial cancer case finding and screening process.
- Update follow-up information in the cancer registry database by reviewing medical records, mailing follow up queries, and making phone calls.
- Reply to incoming requests for treatment or follow-up data in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assist with case reporting to state and/or central registry (FHCRC). This includes follow-up, updates, and physician contacts.
- Maintain follow-up rates, which are compliant with the current Commission on Cancer's Cancer Program Standards.
Preferredqualifications for this position include:
- Associates Degree or equivalent related experience
- 2 years Working in a medically related field required
About the First Hill Campus:
- Completion of an NCRA approved college level curriculum in cancer registry.
- 2 years of cancer registry experience, completion of a cancer registry or health information management program or certified tumor registrar eligibility.
- Experience in event planning or demonstrated experience coordinating organizational or volunteer activities.
The 697-bed tertiary-care center on the Swedish/First Hill campus is the flagship of the Swedish health-care system. Swedish/First Hill has one of the most active and advanced birthing programs in Washington state and houses a Level III neonatal intensive-care unit. More surgeries are performed each year at Swedish/First Hill than at any other facility in the region; volumes include more total joint replacements than any other medical center in the state.We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
Our nonprofit Mission is to improve the health and wellbeing of each person we serve. Our Vision is to demonstrate the highest-quality, best-value healthcare to all we serve.About Us
Swedish is the largest nonprofit health care provider in the greater Seattle area. It is comprised of five hospital campuses (First Hill, Cherry Hill, Ballard, Edmonds and Issaquah); ambulatory care centers in Redmond and Mill Creek; and Swedish Medical Group a network of more than 118 primary care and specialty locations throughout the Puget Sound. Swedish employs more than 13,300 employees and 3,100 physicians and allied health professionals. Whether through physician clinics, education, research and innovation or other outreach, we're committed to caring for the people in our region and beyond. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.Schedule:
First Hill Arnold Bldg (WA181) 1221 Madison Seattle, 98104Req ID:
Posting ID: 552624130Posted: 2020-04-22