Description:Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Security Officer (0.9 FTE, Variable Shift) to work in Security at Swedish Cherry Hill in Seattle, WA.Promotes the mission of Swedish by providing a safe and secure environment for patients, visitors, staff, and property of Swedish Hospital Services.In this position you will:
Qualifications:Requiredqualifications for this position include:
- Remain observant and alert at all times.
- Report all incident and hazard appropriately in written report and in passing information between shifts. Notify supervisor and/or lead of any significant incidents that might impact department or hospital operations as soon as possible. Complete required documentation in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate the highest standard of calm and professional customer service and provide the highest degree of assistance in responding to the need of patients, visitors and staff.
- Work independently and resolves problems appropriately.
- Think quickly and formulate an effective plan for dealing with unexpected situations. Is able to de-escalate potentially dangerous situations.
Preferredqualifications for this position include:
- High school Diploma or GED
- 1 years related civilian ormilitary security/law enforcement experience
- Customer service experience and/or training.
- Valid Washington State Driver's license with insurable driving record as determined by Swedish Medical Center's insurance provider
- Basic Security Officer Certification through International Association of Healthcare Security and required within 9 months of employment.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Health Care Providers required within 30 days of hire from American Heart Association (AHA) or Military Training Network (MTN).
- Successful completion of TASER training and certification within 9 months of employment with annual re-certification.
About the Cherry Hill Campus.
- Associate's Degree
- Healthcare security experience.
What is now known as the James Tower at Swedish/Cherry Hill Campus was home to the first hospital in Seattle, established in 1877 by the Sisters of Providence, a Catholic charity. On July 1, 2000, the 385-bed tertiary-care center previously known as Providence Seattle Medical Center became part of the Swedish health-care system.We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
Our nonprofit Mission is to improve the health and wellbeing of each person we serve. Our Vision is to demonstrate the highest-quality, best-value healthcare to all we serve.About Us
Swedish is the largest nonprofit health care provider in the greater Seattle area. It is comprised of five hospital campuses (First Hill, Cherry Hill, Ballard, Edmonds and Issaquah); ambulatory care centers in Redmond and Mill Creek; and Swedish Medical Group a network of more than 118 primary care and specialty locations throughout the Puget Sound. Swedish employs more than 13,300 employees and 3,100 physicians and allied health professionals. Whether through physician clinics, education, research and innovation or other outreach, we're committed to caring for the people in our region and beyond. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.Schedule:
Cherry Hill Main Bldg (WA150) 500 17th Ave James Tower Seattle, 98122Req ID:
Posting ID: 552624140Posted: 2020-05-27