At ADM, we unlock the power of nature to provide access to nutrition worldwide. With industry-advancing innovations, a complete portfolio of ingredients and solutions to meet any taste, and a commitment to sustainability, we give customers an edge in solving the nutritional challenges of today and tomorrow. We're a global leader in human and animal nutrition and the world's premier agricultural origination and processing company. Our breadth, depth, insights, facilities and logistical expertise give us unparalleled capabilities to meet needs for food, beverages, health and wellness, and more. From the seed of the idea to the outcome of the solution, we enrich the quality of life the world over. Learn more at www.adm.com.Director of Transportation, Corn CoProducts - Decatur, IL
ADM Corn CoProducts
This is a full time, exempt positionPosition Summary:
The Director of Transportation is responsible for the safe and efficient operations of surface transportation (truck and rail) as well as barge traffic from ADM plants to final customer. The position manages and performs planning, forecasting and shipment execution for all modes of transport in use by the US Corn CoProducts team. The position reports to the General Manager of Corn CoProducts and the President of Transportation. The role will be a key link between the transportation team and our commercial and production teams as we look to maximize transportation efficiency and processing asset utilization, manage costs and control inventories.Responsibilities:
- Management of daily transportation functions to support the business needs domestically and internationally.
- Interacts on a frequent basis with railroad, trucking and intermodal representatives regarding services, industry issues, new routes and freight rates.
- Responsible for providing data for key transportation metrics
- Provide training to key transportation and logistics personnel within all divisions of the company to ensure practices are in line with company goals
- Provide information for internal/external audit requests that involve transportation and logistics
- Works with the merchandising teams on long range distribution/transportation plans and budget planning, and other corporate wide or business unit initiatives as required.
- Develops, establishes and enforces processes and procedures to ensure the integrity of transportation operations.
- Works with Finance and Accounting reduce number of accruals; minimize invoice discrepancies, claims and other inefficiencies that might be identified in the freight payment process
- Manage and monitor a fleet of roughly 3,000 private covered hopper cars
Job Description (Continued)
- Bachelor's degree required in Transportation / Logistics, Business, Economics or related field is required with 5-7 years of directly related work experience in a corporate environment.
- Proven work experience as a Transportation Manager, or similar role, for a manufacturer, shipper or 3rd party freight provider
- A proven ability to cultivate and maintain positive working relationships with people at all levels inside and outside of the organization.
- Advanced written and verbal negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Maturity, professional demeanor and personal discretion to interact with business leaders.
- Independent decision making and problem solving skills with the ability to develop solutions in a logical and systematic way.
- Excellent communication skills emphasizing listening, writing, and speaking succinctly, clearly and effectively.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail and follow-up.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with emphasis in excel and power point is required
Relocation assistance is available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of applicable pre-employment drug screen, medical questionnaire and a background check.
ADM is an EOE for minorities, females, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities City
IL - Illinois Ref ID
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veterans status.