At ADM, we unlock the power of nature to provide access to nutrition worldwide. With industry-advancing innovations, a complete portfolio of ingredients and solutions to meet any taste, and a commitment to sustainability, we give customers an edge in solving the nutritional challenges of today and tomorrow. We're a global leader in human and animal nutrition and the world's premier agricultural origination and processing company. Our breadth, depth, insights, facilities and logistical expertise give us unparalleled capabilities to meet needs for food, beverages, health and wellness, and more. From the seed of the idea to the outcome of the solution, we enrich the quality of life the world over. Learn more at www.adm.com.Plant Superintendent- Quincy, IL
This is an exempt level position. Position Summary:
This position is responsible for coordinating the effective operation of Warehouse and Production functions at the facility. This includes the recruitment, hiring, training and supervision of employees in these areas; specifically, vacation time scheduling, monitoring performance, and ensuring colleague capabilities meets the needs of the operation. This position has a key role in helping make sure all safety and quality procedures are followed in all areas of the plant. This position is responsible for managing a team capable of issue resolution and problem solving; working closely with the Plant Manager, department supervisors, and lead personnel at the facility. Job Responsibilitie:
- Active, hands-on involvement and daily presence within the facility handling production, bagging, warehouse, and delivery issues. Ensures colleagues are completing assignments as required by ADM and that they have the necessary tools and supplies to complete all required tasks.
- Establishing a production schedule for the locations colleagues to execute day to day supporting safety, quality and service requirements.
- Works with QA technicians to help implement food safety/sanitation /quality programs to ensure that the facility is aligned with the law, regulatory requirements, and company programs along with continuously looking for improvements to the Quality Assurance programs.
- Works to find new and more efficient ways to manufacture, ship, and control costs to help contribute to ADM and the shareholders.
- Works to ensure Safety training programs are being completed for all colleagues.
- Monitors the workplace for improvements, safety, and personnel concerns.
- Respond to and follow up on Customer complaints, while working alongside sales personnel on these issues.
- Hold Toolbox meetings on a weekly basis.
- Work closely with Commercial, Formulations, Quality Assurance and other divisional leadership to resolve scheduling, production, and formulation issues.
- Participates in inventory reconciliations and in the monthly sanitation/quality/GMP audits.
- Promotes Safety and Quality first, then production.
Job Description (Continued)
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experience) and 1-3 years of supervisory experience is desired.
- Proven leadership and strong problem solving skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to present material with energy and enthusiasm to motivate and influence people
- Computer skills in PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook
- History of working safely and a reputation for promoting and getting involved in safety improvement efforts
- Concern for Quality and support of food safety plans
- Related Industry Knowledge
Relocation assistance is available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of applicable pre-employment drug screen, medical questionnaire and a background check. City
IL - Illinois Ref ID
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veterans status.