Maintenance Planner- Various Locations
This is an exempt level position.Position Summary:
The maintenance planner will be responsible for the application of asset management strategies within the plant, with the goal of providing reliable processes to the business. Activities include the planning and scheduling required to ensure efficient execution of Maintenance and Reliability practices/programs/processes, proactive maintenance and repair, best practice application, and continuous Improvement strategies.
Positions will be located in Texas, Indiana, or in the Northern RegionResponsibilities:
- Review the scope of work and perform field walkdowns for approved work orders to determine the following
- Parts and materials
- Safety precautions
- Technical expertise needed
- Equipment manuals or drawings
- Equipment state needed to perform requested work
- Other resources (scaffolding, rigging, power, air...)
- Edit work orders to insure accuracy, standardization, billing/payments, proper support documentation, timeframe, assigning contract resources, and updating as needed
- Order all required materials and verify they are accurate before scheduling the work
- Provide necessary planning information that insures safe and efficient execution of jobs.
- Review backlog and planning list for duplicate work orders.
- Hold semi-annual backlog review/clean-up meetings with the department you plan for
- Group work orders that can be planned and worked together to optimize utilization of resources
Create schedule for the next week
- Pre-load schedule prior to core meetings with safety related items, PM's, work not completed during the prior week, and Red tag work orders
- Select planned work orders based on priorities that are available for inclusion on the upcoming week's schedule
- Review proposed schedule during weekly core meeting and fill in the rest of the available manhours with input from core meeting attendees
- Understands your role in food safety and quality systems, actively participates in efforts and ensures all activities conform to good manufacturing practices.
- Responsible for utilizing the Performance Excellence process.
- Two-year technical degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering Technology is preferred
- Training and experience in industrial electrical, mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic applications.
- Training and experience in process controls and instrumentation applications.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with our CMMS (Maximo)
- Detailed understanding of a Manufacturing Plant Operation and Maintenance.
- Chemicals / Irritants
The scope of the position requires exposure to and use of chemicals, solvents, and cleaners common to mechanical work that may be hazardous and/or cause injury if specific instructions regarding their mixture, use, and disposal/storage are not accurately followed
Job Description (Continued)Physical Requirements:
- Inside temperature ranging from below freezing to exceed more than 100 degrees depending on the season
- Some manufacturing processes within the facility are highly reliant on machinery and other processing equipment and, as a result, noise levels may reach or exceed 85 decibels and require use of hearing protection for most of the work shift
- Outside temperature ranging from below freezing to exceed 100 degrees based on the season. May also have exposure to inclement weather conditions including, but not limited to, rain and wind
- Ability to lift and transport materials and equipment weighing up to thirty (30) pounds on a frequent basis, up to fifty (50) pounds on an occasional basis (employees are encouraged to request assistance in lifting or carrying objects that weigh more than fifty (50) pounds)
- Ability to traverse up to two (2) miles during the course of a work day
- Ability to move about or to a work site by stooping, bending, kneeling, or squatting frequently or periods of prolonged sitting or standing
- Ability to operate equipment or diagnose/detect issues of machinery that may be located at different heights; may require work on ladders, scaffolding
- Full range of physical motion is required in order to operate manual and electrically powered tools and electrical test equipment, to move throughout the facility, including climbing stairs in all buildings, and to work at heights
Relocation assistance is available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of applicable pre-employment drug screen, medical questionnaire and a background check.
At ADM, we unlock the power of nature to provide access to nutrition worldwide. With industry-advancing innovations, a complete portfolio of ingredients and solutions to meet any taste, and a commitment to sustainability, we give customers an edge in solving the nutritional challenges of today and tomorrow. We're a global leader in human and animal nutrition and the world's premier agricultural origination and processing company. Our breadth, depth, insights, facilities and logistical expertise give us unparalleled capabilities to meet needs for food, beverages, health and wellness, and more. From the seed of the idea to the outcome of the solution, we enrich the quality of life the world over. Learn more at www.adm.com. City
TX - Texas Ref ID
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veterans status.