GENERAL SUMMARY/ OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
Under the general direction of the Materials Service Supervisor and within hospital and departmental guidelines, the Materials Service Associate stocks and assesses unit supply and equipment areas on a daily basis. Functions as a customer service liaison between individual units and the Material Services Department.PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Main Tasks:
- Performs logistics functions, including replenishment of assigned nursing units and patient care areas.
- Stock unit supply and equipment storage areas and medication rooms on a daily basis as well as maintain the overall organization and cleanliness of the areas.
- Cleans and inspects equipment according to department and hospital guidelines.
- Checks for expiration dating on supplies and equipment preventative maintenance and remove affected product and equipment as required.
- Return and scan clean equipment back into central inventory using Equipment Tracking System (ETS).
- Assist vendor truck driver with the loading and unloading of supply carts.
- Provide feedback to Inventory Specialist regarding par level adjustments, removal of product and addition of supplies or equipment via email (as of 2/22/11).
- Perform cart maintenance tasks as needed. Replace/add labels and bins; and/or reorganize carts due to par level adjustments and/or reconfiguring of carts.
- Complete any and all required documentation, i.e. assignment sheets, checklist, stat room requisitions, expiration date checking, repair or maintenance request tag, return authorization (RGA) forms, clean supply room auditing checklist, and time sheets according to department policies and procedures.
- Provides customer service support to end users and staff members regarding product location, delivery and returns.
- Performs product conversions, adds and recalls as directed by Leadership Team.
- Report discrepancies, problems or questions to Leadership Team related to the acquisition and distribution process such as stock outs and backorders.
- Responsible for maintaining the cleanliness and compliance of the office, hallways and dock.
- Exercises appropriate body mechanics, care and caution when handling and delivering materials. Use delivery dolly to move supplies between the delivery cart and stock room. Return the dolly to the dolly storage area at the end of your shift.
- Exercise appropriate body mechanics when moving a cart. Whenever possible, push rather than pull the delivery carts. Do not use a broken cart, stop and ask for help to move the supplies to another cart. Tag the broken delivery cart and notify your supervisor so the cart can be repaired.
- Follows Hospital, JCAHO and DPH guidelines and procedures.
- Responsible for the receipt and delivery of bulk medications from vendors to the pharmacy or nursing units.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must be able to communicate in English.
- Must possess strong knowledge of MicroSoft Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Must have keyboarding skills or experience with hand held computer technology.
- Must be able to learn internal systems/programs such as PeopleSoft and Pitney Bowes Asset Tracking System.
- Must possess a positive attitude and ability to use sound reasoning in isolating a problem and reach a sound conclusion.
- Standing/walking most of the 8-10 hours shift.
- Lifting/carrying up to 40 lbs. under ideal safe lifting conditions as specified by NIOSH lifting equations
- Pushing/pulling force. 33 lbs. initial force 13 lbs. sustained force.
The above is intended to describe the general contents and requirements of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive statement of all duties, responsibilities or skills of personnel so classified.Qualifications :EDUCATION:
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required.
- 2 years of experience preferred
Posting ID: 552624222Posted: 2020-05-27