GENERAL SUMMARY/ OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
Under general supervision of the Director, the Clinical Research Coordinator provides support for national, multi-year studies and projects at the Emergency Medicine Network (EMNet) Coordinating Center (www.emnet-usa.org). The major research activities at this time involve (a) two large, prospective cohort studies of children and (b) the National ED Inventories (NEDI), which includes a database of every ED in the United Sates and several international cities and countries. EMNet's mission is to advance public health objectives through multicenter, emergency department-based research. EMNet involves >200 medical centers. PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
: Please note, the functions below are representative of major duties that are typically associated with these positions. Specific responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs. Similarly, not all duties that have been outlined will be assigned to each position.
- Collects & organizes patient data
- Maintains records and databases
- Uses software programs to generate graphs and reports
- Assists with recruiting patients for clinical trials
- Obtains patient study data from medical records, physicians, etc.
- Conducts library searches
- Verifies accuracy of study forms
- Updates study forms per protocol
- Documents patient visits and procedures
- Assists with regulatory binders and QA/QC procedures
- Assists with interviewing study subjects
- Administers and scores questionnaires
- Provides basic explanation of study and in some cases obtains informed consent from subjects
- Performs study procedures, which may include phlebotomy.
- Assists with study regulatory submissions
- Writes consent forms
- Verifies subject inclusion/exclusion criteria
- Performs administrative support duties as required
A Clinical Research Coordinator II performs the duties of a Clinical Research Coordinator I (above) and may also:
- Maintain research data, patient fields, regulatory binders and study databases
- Perform data analysis and QA/QC data checks
- Organize and interpret data
- Develop and implement recruitment strategies
- Act as a study resource for patient and family
- Monitor and evaluate lab and procedure data
- Evaluate study questionnaires
- Contribute to protocol recommendations
- Assist with preparation of annual review
- May assist PI to prepare complete study reports
- Careful attention to details
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to follow directions
- Good communication skills
- Computer literacy
- Working knowledge of clinical research protocols
- Ability to demonstrate respect and professionalism for subjects' rights and individual needs
The Clinical Research Coordinator II should also possess:
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Analytical skills and ability to resolve technical problems
- Ability to interpret acceptability of data results
- Working knowledge of data management program
- Bachelor's degree required.
- New graduates with some relevant course/project work or those without any prior research experience will be considered for the Clinical Research Coordinator I position outlined above.
- Those with a minimum of 1-2 years of directly related work experience will be considered for a Clinical Research Coordinator II position.
- A Clinical Research Coordinator I does not have any supervisory responsibility.
- A Clinical Research Coordinator II may assist with the training and orientation of new staff members.
Posting ID: 552624231Posted: 2020-05-06