At ADM, we unlock the power of nature to provide access to nutrition worldwide. With industry-advancing innovations, a complete portfolio of ingredients and solutions to meet any taste, and a commitment to sustainability, we give customers an edge in solving the nutritional challenges of today and tomorrow. We're a global leader in human and animal nutrition and the world's premier agricultural origination and processing company. Our breadth, depth, insights, facilities and logistical expertise give us unparalleled capabilities to meet needs for food, beverages, health and wellness, and more. From the seed of the idea to the outcome of the solution, we enrich the quality of life the world over. Learn more at www.adm.com.Reliability Engineer- Decatur, IL Complex
This is a full time, exempt level positionJob Summary:
This position will play a leadership role in the establishment/management of proactive preventative maintenance / reliability strategies in a continuous operating corn mill. Reliability Engineer may also act as a leader within maintenance which will include hourly employees in a union environment. Analyze maintenance and operating methods, as well as equipment failures including root cause analysis and implement practices to cost effectively improve on stream equipment reliability. Effective usage of maintenance planning, scheduling and execution processes using Maximo, ADM's chosen computerized maintenance management system (CMMS).
Positions available in various facilities located in states such as Indiana, Iowa, Kansas,and regions as: Pacific, South East, North East. Essential Job Functions:
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Perform duties in a safe manner, utilizing all safety equipment, and successfully completes all safety certification requirements.
- Works with the Facilities Manager to develop, coordinate, and conduct technical reliability studies and evaluations in order to maintain reliability of equipment.
- Investigates and analyzes relevant variables potentially affecting processes and assets.
- Compiles reports and recommends corrective measures to meet acceptable Reliability standards.
- Develops, tracks, and maintains reliability databases and documentation.
- Provides plant engineering with technical support on reliability issues.
- Participates in engineering activities that improve the reliability of equipment.
- Leads Root Cause Failure Analysis and Reliability Maintenance and preventive and predictive maintenance programs.
- Train employees in the value of maintenance reliability and actions required to increase operational efficiency
- Support and comply with all food safety, quality, and legality requirements
- May perform reasonably similar or related duties as assigned
- Must be dedicated and ambitious
- Must possess outstanding interpersonal skills and be able to communicate effectively with all levels of employees
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to plan and prioritize effectively
- Must be willing to work off hours including evenings and weekends as the job requires
- Familiarity with GMP, FDA, and OSHA regulations
- Must have knowledge of Maintenance Management Systems
- Willing and able to spend time in plant areas (i.e. walk long distances, stand, climb stairs and ladders and move through close spaces) to understand and audit the process
- Able to understand and align with plant GMP and personnel practice requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, preferably Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical or Industrial
Job Description (Continued)
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of industrial maintenance and reliability engineering experience in an industrial / manufacturing environment preferred. Experience in a food grade processing facility is a plus.
- Experience in Vibration, Infrared, Alignment, Ultrasonic, Motor Circuit, and Lubrication analysis
- Background in rotating equipment, seals, piping, pumps, fans, blowers, and material handling equipment
Relocation assistance is available with this position.
This position offers a complete benefit package, including 401K/ESOP, pension, health, life and dental insurance.
ADM requires the successful completion of applicable pre-employment drug screen, medical questionnaire and a background check. City
Cedar Rapids State
IA - Iowa Ref ID
ADM is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability and veterans status.