GENERAL SUMMARY/ OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
The Vasculitis and Glomerulonephritis Center at MGH, a leading tertiary-care referral and treatment center for patients with ANCA vasculitis and various renal diseases, seeks a Clinical Research Assistant. The Clinical Assistant will have the opportunity to learn about these diseases while working on pharmaceutical trials and investigator-initiated trials. The physicians at the Center are active in research and maintain a database they frequently use for retrospective research projects. The coordinator may have the opportunity to contribute to those projects.
Current industry sponsored trials include treatments for ANCA vasculitis, focal segmental glomerulosclerosis (FSGS) and C3 Glomerulopathy. The coordinator will work on those projects and on investigator-initiated projects including a trial on remission maintenance regimens for ANCA vasculitis and a prospective registry of patients treated at the center.
Local candidates with full-time availability starting after graduation may have the opportunity to begin working part-time this spring. PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under general direction of the Principal Investigator and research nurse(s), the Clinical Research Assistant is responsible for implementing specific aspects of designated research protocols. Please note, the functions below are representative of major duties that are typically associated with these positions. Specific responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs. Similarly, not all duties that have been outlined will be assigned to each position.
- Collects & organizes patient data
- Maintains records and databases
- Uses software programs to generate graphs and reports
- Assists with recruiting patients for clinical trials
- Obtains patient study data from medical records, physicians, etc.
- Conducts library searches
- Verifies accuracy of study forms
- Updates study forms per protocol
- Documents patient visits and procedures
- Assists with regulatory binders and QA/QC procedures
- Assists with interviewing study subjects
- Administers and scores questionnaires
- Provides basic explanation of study and in some cases obtains informed consent from subjects
- Performs study procedures, which may include phlebotomy.
- Assists with study regulatory submissions
- Writes consent forms
- Verifies subject inclusion/exclusion criteria
- Performs administrative support duties as required
- Works closely with independent monitors to verify data and troubleshoot issues that arise
- High school diploma or GED required ; Bachelor's degree preferred
- Medical experience including phlebotomy preferred
- Clinical or basic science research preferred
Posting ID: 552624246Posted: 2020-05-27