Serves as a primary point of contact for patients and visitors in an outpatient unit and provides excellent customer service through clear communication. Reports to the manager with input from assigned physicians, nurses and other health care providers.Essential Responsibilities:
- Communicates with and assists patients, other employees and the general public in a courteous, helpful manner by phone and in person. Provides accurate information, directions and/or guidance and follows up promptly to ensure that needs have been met.
- Takes complete and accurate information from patients/callers, prioritizing and facilitating communication of information to providers. Prepares schedules, medical records and other documents in accordance with quality standards. Maintains patient confidentiality at all times, whether by phone, discussion with providers or distribution of patient information by email, fax, etc.
- Performs check in, registration, and verification of demographic and fiscal information according to medical center policies and procedures and utilizing hospital computer systems. Confirms prior authorizations, referrals and pre-certifications for patient's insurance and managed care plan. Collects required co-payments according to standards. Directs patients to next service area.
- Monitors patients and visitors entering, waiting, and leaving the practice. Facilitates timely flow and proactively solves flow issues (i.e., early or late patient, late provider, etc.) Acts as liaison between patient and practice staff to ensure optimal flow and service delivery.
- Processes patient check out, schedules follow-up appointments and related diagnostic and/or lab tests making every reasonable effort to accommodate patient and provider needs. Provides patient with any relevant educational materials as indicated. Enters visit billing tickets.
- High School diploma or GED required. Associate's degree preferred.
- 0-1 years related work experience required.
- Basic familiarity with computers. Ability to navigate at a basic level within web-based applications.
- One year experience in a healthcare or service/hospitality environment.
Physical Nature of the Job:
- Written Communications: Ability to read, and write in English in order to understand basic safety instructions and take direction from supervisors; communicate effectively with patients, families and other medical center staff; and respond to basic questions.
- Oral Communications: Ability to understand spoken English in order to follow basic safety instructions and take direction from supervisors; communicate effectively in basic English with patients, families and medical center staff in response to routine questions.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate basic knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures with the ability to use them in routine situations. Specialized knowledge not required.
- Team Work: Ability to interact respectfully with other employees, professional staff and/or external contacts to offer ideas, identify issues, obtain information or deliver services.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionallyReq ID
Practice RepresentativeState / Province
40 HoursDepartment Description
This position will support a busy OB/GYN clinic. We are seeking a full time Practice Representative to work 40 hours per week; day shift.Zip Code
Full Time Job Category
Admin/Clinical & Non Clinical Organization
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Department
OB/GYNHours Per Week (for Per Diem enter 1)
BIDMC is EOE M/F/VET/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATION
Posting ID: 552624326Posted: 2020-04-01