This position reports directly to the Nurse Director for the Case Management Department and is responsible for all aspects of the department scheduling and time plan management. This includes advanced time planning, planning for daily and weekend coverage and assignments, and management of unexpected absences to assure adequate coverage for the department. The person in this position interacts directly with all staff in the department and works collaboratively with both internal and external customers. The person in this position may also be responsible for other project support relative to the needs of the department.
- Utilizing an electronic scheduling system, coordinates all requests for time off in an advance time planning process
- Serves as the administrator and troubleshooter for the electronic scheduling system
- Understands the CM role groups and adjusts the daily CM assignment when unscheduled absences occur.
- Communicates via email with staff in advance of time plan per policy time line.
- Orients all new staff regarding the time request process and electronic scheduling systems
- Functions as the point person for all scheduling questions, adjustments, or clarifications and issues from the leadership and team members; this requires timely responses
- Approves time off and scheduling changes, in accordance with department scheduling policies and guidelines
- Meets face to face with specific CM teams who have flexible schedules as needed.
- Organizes float and per diem coverage to accommodate time off requests and coverage needs
- Completes all aspects of payroll utilizing an electronic payroll system
- Provides weekly reports to the leadership team, such as per diem hours utilized and timekeeper reports
- Provides project support relative to the needs of the department.
- Trains back up staff to the role and responsibilities
- Other duties as assigned
- Some college or Associate's Degree required; Bachelor's degree preferred
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong collaboration and teamwork skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook and Excel
- Flexibility and accountability
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
Posting ID: 552624350Posted: 2020-05-27