Description and Requirements Help us help our customers realize their dreams of a beautiful home!Join The #1 Furniture Company-Join The #1 Furniture BrandAshley Furniture Industries, Inc. is the largest manufacturer of furniture in the world. Established in 1945, Ashley offers one of the industry's broadest product assortments to retail partners in 123 countries. Design, Build, Deliver:Using our internationally acclaimed in-house design team, we create the look without paying expensive design fees. Then, by adhering to some of the most efficient production standards in the world, we can maximize productivity and minimize waste, generating additional savings for you. Finally, all orders are filled from strategically located regional warehouses and are serviced by our own fleet of trucks, the largest in the industry.
The Distribution Center Operations Manager will oversee and manage the overall Distribution and Fulfillment Center operations at an assigned location. This position is responsible for the optimal performance of all departments, Profit & Loss (P&L) management, Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) initiatives, Safety Compliance, Staffing, Retention and Morale, Building Maintenance, Powered Industrial Truck (PIT) Fleet Management, etc., that falls within the scope of the assigned Distribution and Fulfillment Center operations. Primary Job Functions:
- Establish goals and provide direction to lead the team toward the achievement of company goals. Maintain and analyze Distribution and Fulfillment Center key metrics; improve departmental performance measures through use and interpretation of continuous improvement tools.
- Formulate, recommend and/or implement distribution and fulfillment center policies and programs that guide the organization in maintaining and improving the Company's competitive position and the profitability of the operation.
- Assist in the preparation of the departmental annual budget based on the forecasting by the company and direction from leadership; achieve optimal performance and expense levels to meet the annual budgetary plan.
- Communicate with customers as needed to address concerns such as load quality, damages, item availability, backorders, driver delays, etc.
- Identify, recommend and implement changes to improve productivity and quality while reducing cost and waste.
- Plan and schedule all distribution center services including shipping, receiving, returns & damages, inventory control, maintenance, and other administrative activities to ensure the customer requirements and demands are met in an efficient manner.
- Continuously develop and maintain high standards of product handling quality to ensure customer and Company quality standards are met.
- Direct and coordinate various programs essential to distribution center procedures (training, safety, housekeeping, cost reduction, quality, employee involvement, security, etc.) to distribution center supervisors and employees. Audit to ensure standards are being met.
- Initiate and coordinate major projects such as distribution center layout changes, equipment, and space needs and utilization, capital expenses and major repairs.
- Participate in and/or lead safety, retention and recruiting committees and initiatives.
- Keep current on information and technology affecting functional areas to increase innovation and make appropriate recommendations to leadership as necessary.
- Make employment decisions and/or recommendations on hiring, improvement plans, transfers, promotions, corrective actions, terminations, pay adjustments, etc.
- Coordinate and manage the work of employees by directing members of the team to meet the area's goals. Audit regularly to ensure standard operating procedures are being adhered to.
- Manage employee performance and assist employees in making improvements to their performance through coaching, mentoring and administering performance reviews. Recommend, plan and/or implement employee training and skill development activities.
- Audit, maintain and ensure employee time-keeping and absentee records are accurate.
- Communicate company and departmental issues and goals and facilitate employee growth and development through weekly team meetings, regular individual employee meetings, coaching, training, and company-offered learning opportunities.
- Manage resources, making real-time adjustments when needed, to optimize equipment, facilities, employees, methods, and materials.
- Bachelor Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Business Management or related field, or equivalent work experience, Required
Licenses or Certifications:
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in a medium to large sized distribution center environment managing a significant segment of the distribution center.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Lean/Six Sigma basic certification preferred.
- Understanding basic knowledge of logistics
- Developing/implementing business plans and goals
- Excellent listening and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of basic accounting principle
- Effective meeting facilitation skills and negotiation skills
- Basic computer/keyboarding skills
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite and MS Excel
- Knowledge of distribution software and inventory/warehouse management software
- Problem-solving and analytical ability
We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a drug-free working environment. While Ashley appreciates the interest of all candidates only those meeting specific position requirements may be contacted. Principals Only.
Posting ID: 552624397Posted: 2020-05-27