This position serves a vital function in support of the company's clients, seniors and people with disabilities living independently in their homes, but who need assistance with daily tasks.Essential Duties:
Position Requirements & Competencies:
- Follow specific care plans for clients and report on completed tasks.
- Assist with personal care needs of the client (bathing, dressing, etc.).
- Provide or assist in routine house cleaning, meal preparation, and laundry.
- Transport client to doctor's office, grocery store and other essential errands.
- Assist client with the self-administration of medications.
- Observe and report any changes in client's condition.
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality at all times due to access to sensitive information.
- Maintain regular, predictable, consistent attendance and is flexible to meet the needs of the department.
- Follow all Medicare, Medicaid, and HIPAA regulations and requirements.
- Abide by all regulations, policies, procedures and standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Addus provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must be a Certified Home Health or Personal Care Aide with evidence of NYS Home Care Registry enrollment after completion of a NYS Department of Health approved Home Health training program
- Pre-employment physical examination/PPD prior to patient contact
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check as per NYS Department of Health regulation
- Must have reliable transportation; if by car, a valid driver's license and proof of insurance is required
- Nurturing and compassionate nature with the desire to care for others
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
Posting ID: 552624894Posted: 2020-05-27