Do you aim high? Are you genuinely helpful? Are you looking for a place where you can make a difference, receive ongoing support and training, and build a rewarding, long-lasting career? Then you may be a good fit for FirstService Residential, North America's foremost property management firm. We're all about our associates, and as we continue to grow, we're looking for even more quality people who share our dedication to doing what's right, improving residents' quality of life, building great relationships and truly making a difference for their clients, their colleagues and themselves. Is that you? If so, we think you should get to know us. Job Summary
The pool attendant is responsible to oversee the pool area, make safety announcements and maintain an inventory of all poolside equipment to be available for guest use at all times. Will serve residents by providing information and services. Must be experienced in the Hospitality Industry. Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Essential Duties & Responsibilities (Cont.)
- Oversees pool area (adult/children) and make safety announcements.
- Assists with set up and breakdown for poolside activities as needed.
- Must be able to submit and report incidents to the appropriate manager.
- Must be service oriented.
- Picks up debris from the pool and possess basic cleaning skills.
- Checks sports equipment (ping pong, golf, shuffleboard and others) to make sure they are in order for guest to use.
- Reports broken sports equipment to manager so that replacement equipment can be ordered.
- Must have the ability to work as a team member.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
- Must be accessible to and approachable with residents/guests.
- Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.
- Follows safety procedures and maintains a safe work environment.
- Follow all policies and Standard Operating Procedures as instructed by Management.
- Perform any range of special projects, tasks and other related duties as assigned.
No supervisory responsibilities. Education & Experience
Knowledge, Skills & Proficiencies
- High school diploma or equivalency preferred. Completion of College level courses in Hospitality is strongly desirable.
Tools & Equipment Used
- Two (2) or more years' experience in the Hospitality Industry.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills;
- Multiple language fluency is desirable.
- Strong customer service, communication and interpersonal skills required.
Cleaning supplies (mop, broom)
Basic handyman repair tools Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Ability to lift 30 -- 50 lbs;
- Work in an upright standing position for long periods of time;
- Walk and climb stairs; Handle, finger, grasp and feel objects and equipment;
- Reach with hands and arms;
- Communicate, receive and exchange ideas and information by means of the spoken and written word;
- Ability to quickly and easily navigate the property/building as required to meet the job functions;
- Ability to respond to emergencies in a timely manner.
- Ability to work flexible hours and weekends.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Travel
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job. This is not an all-inclusive job description; therefore, management has the right to assign or reassign schedules, duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Posting ID: 552625093Posted: 2020-05-27