Overview of the Billing Specialist
The Billing Specialist position is responsible for processing and reconciling payments received from clients. Responsibilities
- Collection of funds from customer past due accounts.
- Provide excellent customer service to clients in an accurate and professional manner.
- Identify, monitor and maintain collections opportunities in support of the frontline operations.
- Prepare various formats of billing using Excel and other resources
- Ensure accurate and timely billing to customers
- Research and identify root cause of recurring billing issues, adjustments, and other related to billing from simple to complex in nature
- Collaborate with external and internal customers to resolve issues pertaining to billing for special billed accounts offering superior customer service
- Proactively monitor, audit, track, maintain accounts assigned as it relates to billing
- Fulfill other duties related to billing as assigned by Special Billing Supervisor
Who We Are
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Three to five years previous billing, accounts receivable and/or account management experience in a low-dollar, high-volume business environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter with strong initiative and drive
- Good judgment, ability to multi-task, prioritize work and must be result driven
- Strong analytical and investigative skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite; experience with Oracle and Excel highly desired
- Self-starter, independent however with the ability to work effectively in a team environment
DS Services is a national direct-to-consumer provider of bottled water, office coffee and water filtration services. DS Services offers a comprehensive portfolio of beverage products, equipment and supplies to approximately 1.5 million customers through its network of over 210 sales and distribution facilities and daily operation of over 2,100 routes. With one of the broadest distribution networks in the country, DS Services can provide service to approximately 90 percent of U.S. households and efficiently services homes and national, regional and local offices. DS Services is dedicated to achieving its mission of becoming America's favorite water, coffee and tea service provider where consumers live, work and play. Please visit our website www.water.com for more information about DS Services. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
Posting ID: 552625104Posted: 2020-05-27